Rome With The Vatican And Colosseum With Pre-Reserved Private GuideExplore > Italy > Rome > Rome With The Vatican And Colosseum With Pre-Reserved Private Guide
See the main highlights in Rome without having to wait in line for tickets!
This is a perfect tour for those who would like an in-depth view of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica, but would also like to see some of Rome's other major sites.
On this tour, you'll visit some of the most stunning sites in all of Rome.
Please Note: Your exact itinerary for the day is dependent on the time that your Vatican tickets are arranged for. That time will be determined after the tour is confirmed.
The Vatican Museums contain masterpieces of painting, sculpture, and other works of art collected by the popes through the centuries. The Museums include several monumental works of art, such as Raphael's Rooms and the Sistine Chapel, among others.
Museums typically included in this tour include the Cortile della Pigna; Belvedere Palace (Pio-Clementine Museum); Galleries of the Candelabra, of Tapestries, and of Maps; and Raphael's Rooms. Due to the way that traffic inside the museums is regulated, certain portions may occasionally be closed off, so please note that the itinerary may change from time to time.
Located within these museums is the incomparable Sistine Chapel. Built in the second half of the 15th century, the chapel boasts a ceiling that is adorned by magnificent frescoes. Painstakingly painted by Michelangelo over the course of four years, the ceiling depicts scenes from the Book of Genesis, the Creation, and much more, including over 300 painted figures!
As you exit the museums and enter Vatican Square, you'll arrive at St. Peter's Basilica. The most visited Basilica in the world, the dome was designed by Michelangelo, who worked on the construction of the basilica beginning in 1547.
For the rest of the day, you'll be able to make a stop for lunch before heading to the Colosseum where your private guide will take you through the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill.
Perhaps you'll want to see the Ancient Rome of Emperors: Capitoline Hill, the famous Roman Forum, the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, Circus Maximus, the Thermal Baths of Caracalla, Ancient Appian Way, the Catacombs, the Pantheon, and Aula Ottagona.
There is also the Renaissance and Baroque Rome of Popes, including the Trevi Fountain, the beautiful Spanish Steps, St. Peter in Chains, Navona Square, Farnese Square, and Janiculum Hill.
- The price of this tour includes a private vehicle and driver for the day, and a private guide for 3 hours at the Vatican as well as 3 hours at the Colosseum area. It does not include any admissions, food, beverages, or gratuities.
- This tour will pre-reserve tickets to the Vatican and Colosseum, which will avoid having to wait in line. Upon arrival at each site, you'll meet up with your guide, who will have your entrance tickets in hand. The guide will collect the cost of the entrance tickets, which is 32€ per person (27€ for anyone between the ages of 6-18 and free for those 5 and under). for the Vatican and 25€ per person for the Colosseum. This must be paid in Euros. Credit cards are not accepted. Your tour time is subject to availability at the time of your reservation.
- A strict dress code is enforced in St. Peter's Basilica, so please do not wear shorts, sleeveless tops, skirts above the knee, or revealing clothing.
- You will spend about 6 hours between the Vatican and Colosseum stops.
- The pre-reserved tickets are non-refundable.
- THIS TOUR MUST BE BOOKED WELL IN ADVANCE TO ENSURE YOU WILL HAVE YOUR PRE-RESERVED VATICAN AND COLOSSEUM TICKETS.
- This tour is not available on Sundays, as the Vatican Museums are closed.
- Additionally, in 2019, The Vatican will be closed on December 8, 25, & 26. In 2020, The Vatican will be closed on January 1, 6, February 11, March 19, April 13, May 1, June 29, August 15, December 8, 25, 26.
- Please note that on the first Sunday of each month many tourist sites in Italy have free admission. This can often result in long lines. If you are staying at a hotel, it may be beneficial to avoid booking a tour involving inside visits to major attractions on these days. If you have questions, contact ShoreTrips.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday