ATV Or Buggy In The Dominican Wilderness - Hotel Guests OnlyExplore > Dominican Republic > Punta Cana > ATV Or Buggy In The Dominican Wilderness - Hotel Guests Only
Saddle up for a rugged, dirt-in-your-teeth kind of adventure!
Outside of the pristine walls of the beautiful Punta Cana resorts lie the wild wilderness that once covered the area. Just a bit out of town you'll find stunning beaches, forested mountains, lush valleys and family farms all awaiting your discovery.
This incredibly fun day starts with a safety briefing and ATV or buggy operating instructions from your guide along with helmets for all. One person in your group can drive the entire way or switch part way through to share the driving fun. In a few minutes, with a little bit of practice, you'll be ready to take the controls. Let the adventure begin!
As you drive along your knowledgeable guide will tell you about this beautiful island, its people and its flora and fauna. En route to the first destination you will see a home typical of the area to provide an understanding of the life of the local people. Continuing on across narrow paths and through small villages, you'll arrive at Hoyo Azul, a beautiful, brilliant blue cenote located at the base of a cliff. The clear turquoise waters are inviting, so go on, jump in for a swim. Ahhh, refreshing!
Back on your vehicle, you'll visit the home of a welcoming local resident who will share samples of Dominican agricultural products such as coffee and cocoa.
The exploration of the island's landscape continues as you anticipate your final destination, Macao Beach. This gorgeous beach is the perfect place for a swim, maybe a stroll on the white sand or a relaxing break under swaying palms.
- Your exact pickup time will be indicated on your voucher.
- Tour length does not include transfer time, which could take up to 45-60 minutes each way, depending on hotel location and number of other guests to be picked up.
- Operating instructions and helmets will be provided.
- At least one person in your group must drive. You may switch drivers part-way through the tour.
- Each ATV holds 2 people. Each Buggy holds 4 people.
- You have the choice of purchasing the standard ATV (Polaris 330) or the deluxe ATV (Polaris 570) for a bit more power and better suspension.
- Wear clothes that you won't mind getting dirty. You might want to bring a scarf to cover your nose and mouth. Sunglasses are also recommended to protect from the dust.
- Bring/wear a swimsuit, change of clothing, towel, sunblock, sunglasses, hat, and comfortable shoes.
- We recommend bringing a reusable water bottle.
- Beverages will be available for purchase at Hoyo Azul and Macao Beach.
- There is a minimum of 2 people required to operate this tour.
- The minimum age to ride along on an ATV is 16 years old. The minimum age to ride along on a Buggy is 4 years old.
- The minimum age to drive is 18 years old.
- All drivers must provide a valid drivers license.
- The maximum weight to participate is 300 pounds.
- Pregnant women and those with back or leg problems may not participate in this tour.
- This tour is not available for those with limited mobility.
- No one under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be allowed to participate in this tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week