Private: Tasting The Best Of Maui - Cruise Ship Passengers - Kahului Only
Wow! This tour really taps into all the senses! Check it out!
Maui is bursting with beauty, color and a variety of delicious food and beverages to tantalize your tastebuds.
After a pickup at the Kahului pier, our first stop of the day is Ocean Vodka Distillery (it's 5 o'clock somewhere!), located on the mid-slopes of the Haleakala Volcano. With fabulous views of both the island's north and south shores, Ocean is proud to be the world's only solar powered vodka distillery. You'll learn about their sustainable farming practices, their commitment to the earth and see their unique bottles. Samples of vodka and rum will be provided. But don't sample too much because next up is a walking tour of the Ali'i Kkula Lavender Farm. After strolling the beautiful, fragrant fields, we'll enjoy a cup of lavender coffee or tea and scones. There will time for you to browse delightful lavender items in the gift shop as well.
Back in the vehicle, you'll find water and an assortment of juices as we head on to Pineapple Country. The lush green drive up the slopes of Haleakala towards Kula provides a look at a typical Hawaiian landscape. See the 1,200 acres of pineapples grown here, which Maui Wine turns into delightful vintages.
There's more to come as you stop at Kula Country Farms where over 180 acres are used to grow Kula strawberries and vegetables, including corn, beans, lettuce, spinach, peas, artichokes, herbs, pumpkins, tomatoes, zucchini, depending on the season.
Moving on to the leeward side of Haleakala, we head up almost 2,000 feet to the scenic, charming Ulupalakua Ranch. This 18,000 acre working cattle ranch has been around since 1845 and you will hear about its history en route to the Ranch Store for lunch. Choose from a Maui Cattle Burger (grass fed beef raised on the ranch and cooked right there for you) or a garden burger (vegetarian choice). This is a beautiful setting where you can see the ruins of an old sugar mill built by the whaling Captain James Makee. Located right on the ranch property you'll find Maui's only winery, housed in what was formerly the King's cottage. You'll take a tour and have the option to sample some of their fine wines in the tasting room (including the pineapple wine).
Finally, if time allows, we'll drive through the old hippie town of Paia, then on to Ho`okipa Beach Park for some photos overlooking the magnificent surf. You’ll discover why this spectacular place is known as the wind-surfing capital of the world. Keep an eye out for honu (sea turtles) on the beach before returning to town.
- Guests should bring a light jacket as often the mountain elevations are cooler. Wear good walking shoes.
- Strawberry syrups, honey, tropical flowers, tuberose stems, tomatoes, lettuces, beets and other local veggies may be for sale during your tour at the various stops. We recommend bringing cash for any purchases.
- Wine tasting is optional and additional; choose from the $12, $15 or $17 per person tasting. Inform your guide if you would like to participate.
- Please understand that crops are seasonal. We cannot guarantee that all crops will be growing when you visit the farms.
- Please note this tour is only available for cruise ship passengers docking in Kahului. Guests docking in Lahaina are not able to take this tour.
- * Kula Country Farms is closed on Sundays so there will be a stop to take photos overlooking the farm after the picnic lunch.
- Maui Wine is closed on holidays.
- You must be 21 years of age with proof of ID to sample wines.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- We will ask about food allergies/dietary restrictions during the check-out process. We will do our best to accommodate.
- This tour does not run on Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years Day.
Days offered: 7 days a week