Private: Washington D.C. At Night
A guided excursion of the National Monuments at night.
We have all seen the Lincoln Memorial lit up at night in movies and photographs. The Washington Monument has also been a frequent subject as a background in thrillers as well as famous photos. This is your opportunity to take in some incredible views while hearing how these monuments, and the people who they honor, fit into our nation's history. This will also give you a chance to show off your skills at night photography!
Begin your adventure at the Smithsonian complex where your guides will take you back in time as you explore the many incredible buildings that comprise this major draw of the city. The Air and Space Museum, the Museum of Natural History, the American Art Museum, and others will start you thinking of what you might want to return to the following day.
Seeing the Washington Monument and the Jefferson Memorial lit in the most dramatic way will have a far bigger impact on you than seeing them in the daylight. It will also be less crowded - another benefit to an evening route! We will make sure you have some free time to wander on your own at the FDR and MLK Memorials, both striking testimonials to 2 great men. These sit on the edge of the Tidal Basin which, at sunset, is magnificent. Time to stroll along the edge and snap some pics.
During the tour you will hear excellent narration from your guide about the background of the memorials and their place in U.S. history, both the real and the folk tales designed to entertain. The homage to those soldiers who gave their lives for our country in World War I and II is slightly overshadowed by the scene of the Lincoln Memorial, which sits faintly lit among the Potomac River and the National Mall.
You are now on your way to the White House, an iconic vision even better seen in person. Finally, we encounter Capitol Hill where the Capitol Building is anchored. As your time comes to a close, feel free to ask your local guide questions about the rest of your stay whether it be about food, culture, or a major attraction. They should be able to help direct you.
- Please dress comfortably for the weather.
- Please alert your guide at the beginning of the tour if you wish to make another stop other than those mentioned.
- This tour does not include food, beverages, souvenirs, or gratuities for your guide.
- This tour begins and ends at the same location near a metro stop.
- If you have more than 7 people in your group, we will use multiple vehicles and guides moving in tandem.
- Sometimes sites will be closed due to events/demonstrations. We will do our best to take you as close to as many monuments as possible.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 4 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 4 are permitted to join this tour free of charge, but please note they will be required to sit on a parent's or guardian's lap due to limited space.
Days offered: 7 days a week