Discover Jerusalem & Bethlehem - Classic
A classic tour of Jerusalem with a visit to Bethlehem.
This historical and religious significance of the sites visited will be deeply moving, regardless of your religious affiliation.
We'll begin this day of sightseeing by picking you up at the Ashdod pier. We'll then make our way to Mount of Olives for one of the best panoramic viewing points in all of Jerusalem.
Next, we'll visit King David's Tomb Compound and view the Cenacle Room on the upper floor. This room is recognized by most as the site the Last Supper and where the Holy Spirit came to the Apostles on Pentecost. We will also see the impressive Benedictine Church, Domition Abbey, built to commemorate the Assumption of the Virgin Mary into Heaven.
As we enter the Old City, we will walk through the Armenian and Jewish quarters to the recently excavated and restored Cardo (main streets in ancient Roman cities). We'll see the Jewish Wailing (or Western) Wall, a venue for pilgrimage and prayer for Jews since the 16th century and then continue on to the Christian quarter.
In the Christian quarter we'll embark on the Way of the Cross (Stations of the Cross), along the Via Dolorosa, or the Sorrowful Way, in the medieval city of Jerusalem. This passage marks the final hours of Jesus Christ's life. The goal of the Stations is to help faithful Christians in their spiritual pilgrimage by following the scenes of Christ's sufferings and death. We then arrive at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, site of Jesus' crucifixion and His empty tomb.
Finally, we will drive to Bethlehem and visit the Church of Nativity, built over the grotto marking the birth place of Jesus. See also the Shepherd's field where the shepherds met with the Angel, announcing the great joy of the birth of Christ.
If there is time at the end of your day, it's possible that we could incorporate other sites. This would depend on the pace (how long you choose to spend at each site) of the day and traffic/crowds.
At the conclusion of the tour, you'll be returned to the pier.
- We will always opt to avoid bad traffic and crowds. Please note that this itinerary is subject to change. Any changes to the itinerary are always done with your best interest in mind.
- Please wear comfortable footwear, as portions of this tour involve walking.
- Lunch, beverages, entrance fees, and gratuities are not included in the price of this tour.
- During check out, we'll ask you your religious affiliation (if any). Your answer will help us tailor your day of touring accordingly. However, you are not required to answer.
- Special Note about BETHLEHEM: Bethlehem is part of the Palestinian Authority. Nearly all of the guides are Israelis. Israeli guides are not allowed to escort tourists into Bethlehem. We will use a Palestinian guide from Bethlehem to escort you into Bethlehem. Instead of paying your Bethlehem guide in cash for his services, we have a different system. The guide's services are sponsored by a local gift shop in Bethlehem, where you will stop on the tour. You'll be expected to pay approximately $25 per person for the guide's services. Instead of paying the guide $25, you're expected to buy approximately $25 (or more) in souvenirs.
- A surcharge applies for Saturday bookings as well as holidays. In 2020, these dates are April 9th,16th and 29th, May 29th, September 10th, 20th and 28th and October 3rd and 10th.
- Modest dress is mandatory. Wearing revealing clothing such as sleeveless shirts, shorts, or skirts above the knee will result in you not being allowed entry into religious buildings.
- Please note: You must carry your passport with you on this tour. You will not be able to enter certain sites if you do not have your passport.
Days offered: 7 days a week