The Best Of Berlin...A Shoretrips Value Shared TourExplore > Germany > Berlin > The Best Of Berlin...A Shoretrips Value Shared Tour
Enjoy this all-encompassing tour of fascinating Berlin.
Although it is a 3-hour drive from the cruise ship pier to Berlin, you will find the journey is well-worth your time. You'll spend 5-6 hours touring this city that is steeped in history, wonderful architecture and unexpected beauty.
Berlin has gone through more transformation than any other major city since the 1940s and has become one of the most intriguing tourist destinations in all of Europe. It is important to manage your time in a city this rich with history. With the most important stops picked out, your guide will paint the perfect picture of this historic city both past and present.
At the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church you will explore what many consider the heart of West Berlin. The Church marks the only building on Breitscheidplatz square to survive the bombings of the World Wars and the west tower serves more as a ruin than a a functioning wing of the building. A constant fundraiser is in process to preserve the facade of this building as it still stands as an active church with a max capacity of 1,000 guests.
The Brandenburg Gate is one of Berlin's most important monuments. Once a symbol of division, it is now a national symbol of peace and unity.
The site known as the Topography of Terror stands on the old headquarters of the Gestapo and SS from 1933 to 1945. With the original buildings destroyed by the allies, the current grounds were established in 1987 during Berlin's 750th anniversary celebration. Covering all dimensions of the Nazi reign of terror, this outdoor and indoor museum has three permanent exhibits with a handful that rotate throughout the year.
A visit to Checkpoint Charlie will recall the days of the Cold War. This was the most famous crossing point between East and West Germany.
Alexanderplatz is a bustling transportation hub and the largest public square in all of Germany. It is here you will find the Fernsehturm, Berlin's iconic TV tower.
These and many more historic and fascinating sites are in store for your day in Berlin.
- The drive to Berlin is approximately 3 hours each way. Transportation to and from Berlin will be done with a driver who will speak little to no English. Your English-speaking guide will meet you in Berlin.
- Food, beverages, and entrance fees are not included in the price of the tour.
- Due to time constraints there will be only a short stop to buy a snack or a sandwich in Berlin. Please bring snacks or drinks from your ship.
- This tour includes some walking. Please wear comfortable footwear and dress for the weather. We suggest bringing an umbrella, just in case.
- This tour requires a minimum of 5 participants for all larger cruise ships. There is a maximum of 30 participants per departure.
- Please be advised that some of the smaller ships handling Baltic itineraries are more difficult for us to confirm. They often arrive at odd times and dock in smaller ports which make combining services formidable. We are speaking specifically of Azamara, Silver Seas, Viking, Seabourn and Regent. We will do our best but it would be preferred if you select a private excursion to secure the service.
- This excursion cannot be done as a pre-cruise tour or a post-cruise tour. It must be round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier during a normal port day in the itinerary. Even if your ship overnights at the back end of your itinerary, unfortunately, we cannot run this tour that way.
- You are purchasing a shared tour and you will be expected to maintain the pace of the group. If you use a walker, wheelchair, or scooter, or if you have mobility problems, you will be refused service and not refunded. We suggest that you purchase a private tour for your best enjoyment. Also, please note that if you have an infant, we would also suggest a private tour.
- Please note this tour cannot wait for late arrivals past the scheduled departure time. Please arrive early, as we are unable to provide refunds if you miss the tour.
- The drive to Berlin is approximately 3 hours each way. The route of the tour and time spent in Berlin is subject to ship’s docking times, traffic, special events and any other circumstances out of our control. Please note we will not be able to provide a refund if the touring time has to be shortened because of any of the above.
Days offered: 7 days a week