Bob Marley Nine Mile Tour + Dunns River Falls
Drive through Jamaica's famous rain forest en route to Bob Marley's ancestral home.
The natural beauty of Jamaica's countryside, combined with a pilgrimage to the boyhood home of the King of Reggae, makes for a very memorable excursion!
Our journey begins with a scenic 3-mile drive through Jamaica’s famous rain forest. Fern Gully boasts over 300 species of ferns, as well as tall trumpet and mahoe trees that meet overhead and filter out the sunlight to create a dark, cool, green-tinged tunnel. There's always been a mystic to this road created by nature. It is like driving through a botanical garden of ferns.
The journey continues as you make your way towards the mountains south of Ocho Rios. We like to think of the countryside drive, which passes through many of the Jamaican villages, as part of the tour as you are able to see the locals and their daily routines.
After about an hour drive, you will arrive into Nine Mile, a quaint little village in the beautiful mountains of St. Ann. Nine Mile is both the birthplace and the resting place of reggae legend Bob Marley. Here, you'll receive a tour of Marley's childhood home, a two-room cottage packed with family keepsakes, and see many of the sites that inspired his famous song lyrics. We'll also visit the mausoleum where Bob has been laid to rest. Your visit will certainly give you a greater insight into the life and inspirational music of Jamaica's most famous citizen. Additionally, there is a vegetarian restaurant and a small gift shop selling Marley memorabilia on the grounds.
Finally we stop at Dunn's River Falls, one of the most beautiful spots on the island! Here, experienced guides will lead you in a human chain as you climb UP the falls. Along the way, pause at the "massage parlour" and experience the soothing effects of the water as it cascades to the sea. Guests who are not as adventurous can watch the activities from safe vantage points on the terrace or deck overlooking the Falls or enjoy the gorgeous white sand beach. This is an exhilarating, memorable experience and a "must-do" activity when visiting Jamaica.
At the end of this fascinating adventure, you'll be returned to the cruise ship pier or your hotel.
- Entrance fee to Bob Marley estate is included in the price of this tour.
- Admission to Dunns River Falls is included in the price.
- We recommend you wear or bring your swimsuit, towel, biodegradable sunscreen, an extra T-shirt, waterproof camera, hat, and flip flops or other waterproof footwear or footwear with non slip treads. Do not bring anything you do not want to get wet.
- Bring a towel, sunscreen, and a waterproof camera.
- Lockers are available for rent at Dunn's River Falls.
- No food or beverages are included in this tour.
- There is a minimum of 4 people required for this tour.
- There are approximately 35 steps at Nine Mile. You must be able to climb these steps.
- Please note that all children under 36 inches are under the discretion of their parents at Dunn's River Falls.
- Visit to Bob Marley is not recommended for children.
Days offered: 7 days a week