Shoretrips Give...Ranfurly Home For ChildrenExplore > Bahamas > Nassau > Shoretrips Give...Ranfurly Home For Children
Make an impact in the lives of Nassau's children.
ShoreTrips has recently joined forces with Hope Floats, a non-profit, based in California, that, like us, has a number of volunteer-based activities already setup. ShoreTrips is privileged to be able to work with Hope Floats as we share a mutual love for the well-being of the islands. With the help of our travelers, we are certain we can make a lasting impression in the Caribbean.
Although some charities are often envisioned on an all encompassing scale, this volunteer opportunity provides you the chance to experience it at its ground level. This association is a firm believer that their extraordinary efforts are made possible by potential volunteers like you and are gracious of any contribution no matter the size or effort.
This locally-run charity has been providing love, education and support to Nassau's neediest children for more than 60 years. Set on 3 beautiful acres, it requires a lot of staff and volunteers to keep this special place organized and running. Your services might be needed to assist in the garden or with their 250 chickens! Maybe you'll be asked to help launder school uniforms, organize the kitchen, help prep meals or even assist in the computer lab.
Whatever the task, you can be assured the children and the staff are very grateful to you for your help.
ShoreTrips GIVE was developed to connect travelers with ongoing volunteer projects in the Caribbean. To accomplish this, ShoreTrips has partnered with Hope Floats, a non-profit foundation, which has agreed to organize these activities and to provide a meet and greet representative. The fee to participate in a GIVE activity covers all administration costs; the fee is not tax deductible.
- You will need to take a 10-15 minute taxi ride from the cruise ship pier. The cost of the taxi is not included in this tour.
- Please wear clothing you can get dirty. You must have shoulders covered and wear close-toed shoes.
- Bottled water and bathroom facilities are provided at the location.
- Minimum age is 18 or age 10+ with an adult chaperone.
- There is a maximum of 10 volunteers needed per day.
- If you have more than 6 people in your party, contact ShoreTrips for pricing.
- If your ship arrives at noon or later, you are not able to participate in this activity.
- This facility is closed from December 22-January 2 for the holidays.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday