Bob Marley Nine Mile Tour + Dunns River FallsExplore > Jamaica > Falmouth > Bob Marley Nine Mile Tour + Dunns River Falls
Visit Bob Marley's ancestral home and explore Columbus Park and Museum. Plus Dunns River Falls!
The natural beauty of Jamaica's countryside, combined with a pilgrimage to the boyhood home of the King of Reggae, makes for a very memorable excursion!
Our journey begins with a scenic drive to Nine Mile, a quaint little village in the beautiful mountains of St. Ann. Nine Mile is both the birthplace and the resting place of reggae legend Bob Marley. Here, you'll receive a tour of Marley's childhood home, a two-room cottage packed with family keepsakes, and see many of the sites that inspired his famous song lyrics. We'll also visit the mausoleum where Bob has been laid to rest. Your visit will certainly give you a greater insight into the life and inspirational music of Jamaica's most famous citizen. Additionally, there is a vegetarian restaurant and a small gift shop selling Marley memorabilia on the grounds.
Then it's on to Columbus Park in nearby Discovery Bay, where the globe-trotting Italian explorer first dropped anchor off of Jamaica's coast in 1494. Columbus Park commemorates that momentous day in history and the Columbus Museum explores the history and impact of that landing, along with the pre-colonial history of Jamaica’s indigenous people. The open-air museum overlooking the harbor is filled with interesting artifacts from Jamaica’s past, including a water wheel used to power a sugarcane mill and a canoe hollowed Arawak–style from a log.
Finally we stop at Dunn's River Falls, one of the most beautiful spots on the island! Here, experienced guides will lead you in a human chain as you climb UP the falls. Along the way, pause at the "massage parlour" and experience the soothing effects of the water as it cascades to the sea. Guests who are not as adventurous can watch the activities from safe vantage points on the terrace or deck overlooking the Falls or enjoy the gorgeous white sand beach. This is an exhilarating, memorable experience and a "must-do" activity when visiting Jamaica.
At the end of this fascinating adventure, you'll be returned to the cruise ship pier or your hotel.
- Entrance fee to Bob Marley estate is included in the price of this tour.
- Admission to Dunns River Falls is included in the price.
- We recommend you wear or bring your swimsuit, towel, biodegradable sunscreen, an extra T-shirt, waterproof camera, hat, and flip flops or other waterproof footwear or footwear with non slip treads. Do not bring anything you do not want to get wet.
- Bring a towel, sunscreen, and a waterproof camera.
- Lockers are available for rent at Dunn's River Falls.
- No food or beverages are included in this tour.
- There is a minimum of 4 people required for this tour.
- There are approximately 35 steps at Nine Mile. You must be able to climb these steps.
- Please note that all children under 36 inches are under the discretion of their parents at Dunn's River Falls.
- Visit to Bob Marley is not recommended for children.
Days offered: 7 days a week