Walk And Pedi-Taxi Through Cienfuegos
This mix of walking and riding allows you to relax and see more.
By choosing this method of travel through the city, you will see Cienfuegos like a local. The city is wonderful and accessible in a very Cuban way. The pedi-cab portion of the tour will begin at the sea wall. Your guide will take you through the Punta Gorda neighborhood, where the homes will stun you, as well as La Plaza, Aciscio del Valle Palace and La Punta. Expect to stop along the way for pictures of the incredible architecture that you pass.
After this portion of the tour, you will arrive into the historic city center and continue to see the highlights on foot. The Prado Promenade is your entry into the magic of this French-influenced UNESCO World Heritage Site. The wide boulevard will bring you to the Jose Marti Main Square or Malecon. Here you find the Tomas Terry Theater, the Cathedral with its famed stained glass windows, the City Hall and Ferrer Palace.
You will have a chance to see Villuendas Square and La Calzada de Dolores, Gloria Street and San Carlos Streets, all loaded wth interesting places.
Cienfuegos became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2005 and this designation speaks to the bountiful amounts of architecture influenced by the French. This excursion to a famous city in Cuba not as well known as others will be eye-opening with its design and sophistication. Enjoy!
- You must have no limitations when walking. This is not a fast walk but it is long.
- Please dress comfortably and good walking shoes are essential. Consider a hat, sunscreen and perhaps an umbrella if very sunny.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes. There are often steps to enter some of the highlights.
- We suggest sunscreen and a hat for protection.
- You are traveling under a general license, 31 CFR 515.574 - Support for the Cuban People. Travelers must keep a copy of their voucher for 5 years per OFAC regulations.
- Please note the availability of private guides in Cienfuegos is limited so please book in advance.
- This tour is not recommended for guests with limited mobility. We must be notified in advance of any walking problems.
- It is unusual to have your ship tendered in this port. In the event it is necessary, your arrival on to land will be later than planned. Your guide will be waiting for you and will help you determine the best itinerary under the circumstance. This is so rare but, as your guide will be waiting for you, there will be no adjustment to the cost.
- At the conclusion of your tour you will have to return to your cruise ship.
Days offered: 7 days a week