Private Pre-Cruise Old And New San Juan TourExplore > Puerto Rico > Private Pre-Cruise Old And New San Juan Tour
This delightful tour showcases the history, architecture, and uniqueness of San Juan.
We are extremely fond of San Juan. Your guide will certainly "make your day" in this exciting city to remember.
There is a magical quality to San Juan, and Old San Juan is the nucleus. A 465-year-old neighborhood originally conceived as a military stronghold, its seven square block area has evolved into a charming residential and commercial district. The narrow streets of this old walled city are paved with cobblestones and there are more than 400 carefully restored 16th and 17th century Spanish colonial buildings bordering small plazas. Architectural highlights include the Governor's Palace, San Juan Cathedral, the tiny Cristo Chapel, and the impressive San Cristobal Fort.
Your tour also includes a drive along some of the coastline of the metropolitan areas, particularly in the Condado area. This is where the luxury hotels, casinos, nightclubs, and restaurants line the beach and nearby neighborhoods.
The best part of this tour, however, is meeting your guide, who will share lots of interesting information and hidden gems with you as you explore this fascinating Old World city. If time permits, you can sightsee or shop on your own in Old San Juan before returning to your cruise ship or hotel.
- If you are staying at a hotel outside of the San Juan area, extra transportation fees will apply. Please contact ShoreTrips for rates.
- Late departures are frequently requested. Please be advised that the sun sets around 5:30 p.m. in San Juan (depending on the season) and some public buildings are not open.
- If you need a different pickup time, please contact ShoreTrips.
- This tour is not available on Christmas Day.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- The museum is open Wednesday - Sunday. If you request this tour for a Monday or Tuesday, an alternative stop will be made.
Days offered: 7 days a week