Beyond San Francisco: Wonders Of Yosemite National Park - Hotel Guests OnlyExplore > United States > California > Beyond San Francisco: Wonders Of Yosemite National Park - Hotel Guests Only
Yosemite National Park is one of nature's greatest treasures.
After you visit, you will understand why John Muir called Yosemite "by far the grandest of all the special temples of nature I was ever permitted to enter!"
Mere words simply cannot do justice to the beauty, the variety, the sheer enormity of Yosemite. That's why we offer this tour. The only true way to experience it is by walking its paths, smelling its trees, feeling its rocks and sensing its vastness. Your naturalist guide will not only teach and show, but will immerse you in Yosemite. From famous sites such as El Capitan and Half Dome to the wildlife and flora of the area, this will be a day for superlatives as you go from one spectacular area to the next.
All this beauty can work up an appetite and your guide will provide a family-style lunch for you to enjoy, surrounded by the park's wonders.
Yosemite's allure changes with the seasons, so it is only fitting that the day's itinerary will be based on the time of year. Spring and summer's higher water levels allow you to feel the mist of Yosemite's waterfalls or explore the placid waters of Lake Merced. Later summer brings warmer temperatures and it will be a joy to feel the coolness of the shade, courtesy of the park's iconic sequoias, or dip a toe into the crystal blue Alpine waters of Tenaya Lake. When winter snows blanket the park, explore the incomparable Yosemite Valley via snowshoes.
No matter the season, you will delight in the gem that is Yosemite.
- This tour lasts 13 hours including travel time. Please dress in layers, bring a water bottle, wear sunblock, hiking or other sturdy footwear and sunglasses.
- A family-style lunch is included in the price of the tour.
- This tour accommodates a maximum of 10 passengers.
- The travel time from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park is approximately 4 hours in each direction. Amount of time spent in Yosemite is approximately 5 hours.
- From May 1st through October 31st this tour is available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. From November 1st through April 30th this tour is available Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Gratuity for the guide is not included in the price of the tour.
Days offered: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday