Oslo City Highlights With Visit To The Viking Ship Museum...A Shoretrips Value Shared TourExplore > Norway > Oslo > Oslo City Highlights With Visit To The Viking Ship Museum...A Shoretrips Value Shared Tour
Discover the heart of Scandinavia on this half day tour!
Founded in the mid-11th century by a Viking king, Oslo became the capital of Norway around 1300. For a long time, it was considered more of a country town but today has become a sophisticated metropolis. It is one of Europe's most heavily forested cities and Oslovians love nature in summer and winter.
A city full of unique displays of cultural expression, our goal is to introduce you to the most notable attractions that make Oslo, Oslo. Our first stop will be to the Vigeland Sculpture Park, the largest sculpture park made by a single artist, Gustav Vigeland. It is no wonder the park took nearly 30 years to create! There are more than 150 figures in all, constructed using a variety of materials including stone, iron, and bronze. The park is surrounded by lush greenery and city scape - providing the perfect back drop for this feat!
Nearby we will visit the Viking Ships Museum - you are in Norway after all. You will see three stunning burial vessels form the Viking era which were excavated on the shores of the Oslofjord and are now displayed here. The items that were buried with various chieftains in their burial moulds around the area have been gathered here as well. These are well-preserved and serve as an excellent example of the Viking period's daring initiative and ship-building craftsmanship.
Before returning to the cruise pier we will bring you to the city center where you will enter City Hall - the location of the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony. You will also see the Karl Johans Gate, the Norwegian Royal Palace, as well as the Parliament Building.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Entrance to the Viking Ship Museum is included in the tour cost.
- We suggest bringing a bottle of water from your cruise ship as Oslo is expensive.
- Please be advised that some of the smaller ships handling Baltic itineraries are more difficult for us to confirm. They often arrive at odd times and dock in smaller ports which make combining services formidable. We are speaking specifically of Crystal, Oceania, Azamara, Silver Seas, Viking, Seabourn and Regent. We will do our best but it would be preferred if you select a private excursion to secure the service.
- This tour accommodates a maximum of 24 passengers.
- This excursion cannot be done as a pre-cruise or post-cruise tour. It must be round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier during a normal port day in the itinerary. Even if your ship overnights at the back end of your itinerary, unfortunately, we cannot run this tour that way.
- You are purchasing a shared tour and you will be expected to maintain the pace of the group. If you use a walker, wheelchair, or scooter, or if you have mobility problems, you will be refused service and not refunded. We suggest that you purchase a private tour for your best enjoyment. Also, please note that if you have an infant, we also would suggest a private tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week