Mauna Kea Sunrise Tour - Hotel Guests OnlyExplore > United States > Big Island of Hawaii > Mauna Kea Sunrise Tour - Hotel Guests Only
See the sunrise from one of the most beautiful vantage points on the planet!
Watch the sun rise from over 13,000 feet in the sky, atop Mauna Kea, the tallest volcano on the planet!
Your day begins in the early hours of the morning, before the world wakes. You will first stop at the Ellison Onizuza Visitor Information Station to get oriented and grab a warm beverage before heading up the summit.
Once atop Mauna Kea, you will watch the world come alive, as rays of red, orange, purple, and blue begin to pierce the sky. And as the sun rises, the volcano beneath you emerges. You will begin to see and comprehend the enormity of Mauna Kea.
On your descent, your guide will detail the cultural and scientific significance of the volcano. You’ll also get a chance to glimpse the world’s greatest collection of telescopes.
Once you’ve descended to 9,000 feet elevation, you will enjoy a continental breakfast. After eating, you’ll have a chance to walk the endangered Mauna Kea Silversword enclosure and take in the exhibits at the visitor’s center.
- You will be provided with a hooded parka as temperatures may be low. We recommend dressing in layers. We suggest dressing in full length pants/enclosed shoes.
- Breakfast is included in this program. Hot chocolate, tea & coffee are also included.
- You must be at least 16 years old to participate in this program.
- We pick up from most major hotels. Tour time is approximate and will vary based on your hotel. If your hotel is not included, an alternate meeting location will be provided. If you have questions, contact ShoreTrips.
- This program requires a minimum of 6 participants.
Days offered: 7 days a week