Visit Hawaii Volcanoe's National Park With Local Guide...A Shoretrips Premium Shared Van TourExplore > United States > Big Island of Hawaii > Visit Hawaii Volcanoe's National Park With Local Guide...A Shoretrips Premium Shared Van Tour
This is Hawaii's volcano country revealed!
This very special, all-day tour takes you to an area so raw and primitive that you will feel as if you are in a geologist's dream. You are instantly immersed in the unequaled terrain and flora of Volcanoes National Park, one of the world's treasures. You'll pass huge craters, steaming vents, and see how the most recent eruption on Kilauea has changed the landscape of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park forever.
As this is a full-day tour, you will have the luxury of exploring this area in much more depth. Trail routes will vary, based on lava activity and accessibility, but the distance is usually 2 miles in all. We'll make sure to bring you to all of the park's 'must-see' spots. Your expert guide will relate stories of Hawaiian legends and mythology with a special focus on Pele, the Hawaiian goddess of fire lightning, wind, & volcanoes.
We will be sure to visit the famous Richardson's black sand beach. If you are lucky we will find a sea turtle enjoying the sunshine.
We will head off-road for an exclusive experience to explore an amazing lava tube located on private land. This particular tube boasts bright yellow and gold microbial mats living on and accenting the cave walls and is the perfect tie-in to your visit to the National Park.
A deli-style lunch, bottled water, chips, and a cookie are included in this program.
- Park entry fees are included in this tour cost.
- A Hawaiian picnic style lunch is included with this program. You will have a choice between turkey, ham, tuna, or a veggie sandwich. Chips and a cookie are also included.
- The weather can be cold, wet, and foggy. We recommend dressing in layers, wearing closed-toed shoes, and bringing a light jacket.
- This program requires a minimum of 4 participants. The program can accommodate a maximum of 12 participants.
- This program involves moderate activity. There is some walking on uneven terrain. Each walk varies in length and ranges from .5 - 1 mile. Total distance covered is approximately 2 miles.
Days offered: 7 days a week