Our Favorite Waterfall Adventure...A Shoretrips Premium Shared Van TourExplore > United States > Big Island of Hawaii > Our Favorite Waterfall Adventure...A Shoretrips Premium Shared Van Tour
Fun, informative, and tasty!
Hilo is bursting with historic landmarks, abundant natural beauty and a rich agricultural history.
Follow the trade winds as you ride along the coastal lands of Hawaii’s oldest volcanic mountains. Along the way, enjoy easy walking explorations to little-visited yet accessible waterfalls and coastal areas. Scenic old roads wind along towering cliffs and rainforest streams, taking you toward magnificent lookout points and photo opportunities. Your experienced guide will provide fascinating information about these beautiful places and their cultural heritage.
You'll visit a 1,000-acre local cacao farm, including a tour led by your interpretive guide. While cacao is the main attraction here, the farm also features coconut trees, palm oil trees, rambutans and "canoe plants" (plants that were brought to the island by canoe). See the many processes required to turn the beautiful, colorful cacao pod into delicious, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate. Of course, a tasting will be included (it would be cruel not to!).
A stop to see the breathtaking Rainbow Falls, followed by a picnic lunch that will vary based on what is in season, all in a beautiful setting.
To conclude your day, you will visit a private waterfall, perfect for a refreshing swim. Don't forget your camera!
- You must wear closed-toed shoes. We recommend wearing a swimsuit under your clothing.
- Your guide will provide towels and walking staffs or rain gear if necessary.
- Lunch is included in this program. Please alert us to any dietary restrictions as the menu changes day to day.
- This program requires a minimum of 4 participants. There is a maximum of 12 passengers per vehicle.
- While this tour does involve some activity, including walks of varying length, none exceed 1/2 mile in duration. The terrain is uneven in some locations. This tour is not for those with limited mobility.
Days offered: 7 days a week