A Taste Of Hanoi - Morning 'Street' EatsExplore > Viet Nam > Hanoi / Ha Long Bay > A Taste Of Hanoi - Morning 'Street' Eats
The best way to travel is to eat your way through the city!
The well-traveled person knows that the secret to a culturally rich experience is to try the local cuisine. Whatever it is, just say yes!
With the assistance of a local guide, we will bring you to some of Hanoi's most famed, and best kept secret locations. Street food is a very typical activity for Hanoians, so we will trace the steps of locals, eating our way through the city. Our first stop is to taste Pho Bo (beef noodle soup) at a local restaurant located on a narrow street in the Old Quarter. Continuing on we will pass through the wet market, where hundreds of fruits and vegetables are displayed along the street for sale. It is a colorful picture of Hanoi daily life.
Our walk continues from the Hang Be Market to a local shop that specializes in selling many different types of traditional northern cakes such as Com cake (young rice). The next stop is a “Banh Cuon” shop to see how people make rice paper rolls. You'll even get to sample the dish!
Leaving the bustling streets behind us, we will visit a better kept secret location, a small “tunnel” – Noi Mieu alley, where we will discover a more residential area of the Old Quarter. You will stop at the crossroad of streets for lunch with Bun Cha and a crab spring roll. Next, take a little walk to find “che” – sweet soups which are a typical Hanoi desert. Our morning will end with a visit to a café in the Old Quarter for a traditional Vietnamese egg coffee.
- All food mentioned is included, though equivalent substitutions may be made pending the day.
- Please alert us to any allergies or dietary restrictions.
- This is a walking tour through the Old Quarter. Some areas may be uneven. Total distance walked is approximately 2.5 miles.
- You may have to take a taxi to a central meeting point if your hotel is located outside of the city center. Contact ShoreTrips if your hotel is located outside of the city.
- Please note there is surcharge pricing for all National and New Year holidays as well as peak season. You will be notified of any increased costs prior to confirmation. Contact ShoreTrips with any questions.
Days offered: 7 days a week