Twilight Volcano Adventure - Hotel Guests OnlyExplore > United States > Big Island of Hawaii > Twilight Volcano Adventure - Hotel Guests Only
The world's most active volcano comes alive at twilight!
Lava comes to life after dark, and this tour allows you to experience Hawaii’s volcanic grandeur at its finest hour—twilight. You’ll journey through the island’s incredible range of ecosystems and climate zones before experiencing first-hand the phenomenon that makes it possible: an erupting volcano.
Your trip begins with a journey along Saddle Road, home to some of the rarest and most varied ecosystems in the world. Once you arrive at the Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park, you’ll immediately recognize why it was designated a World Heritage Site. Here, you’ll witness the epic progression of molten lava as its travels from the mountain to the sea. Your guide will check current conditions to determine which eruptive site is most active. Our current viewing location is Halemaumau Crater, which contains a subterranean lake of molten rock that glows after dark.
Also included in this tour is a deli-style lunch and an island-inspired dinner, featuring Hawaiian Teriyaki chicken, braised Kalbi beef ribs, and yellow Thai curry.
Kilauea is the most active volcano in the world. This is your chance to see it come alive.
- Lunch and dinner are included in the cost of this program. You will be asked about any dietary restrictions during check-out.
- Pickup is included from most Kohala resorts. A central meeting point will be provided if your resort is not included in pickup area. If you have questions, contact ShoreTrips.
- We recommend dressing in layers as the weather can change at night. Tour includes the use of rain gear.
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 participants. There is a maximum of 14 passengers per van.
- Tour time is approximate and will vary based on your hotel. If you have questions, contact ShoreTrips.
- This tour includes multiple short walks varying .5-1 mile in distance.
Days offered: 7 days a week