Self-Guided Wild Cat Wilderness Tour - All DayExplore > United States > Icy Strait/Hoonah > Self-Guided Wild Cat Wilderness Tour - All Day
No two tours are the same!
Your adventure-filled day in Icy Strait will be like no other. With roots as a logging community, Hoonah, as it remains today, has a unique landscape begging to be explored. Endless miles of logging roads allow easy access to an otherwise untouched terrain.
Once you are familiar with your Wild Cat, head for the back roads and the rest is easy. The land here is largely uninhabited, so you don't have to traverse too far to become immersed in the wilderness. With the assistance of a detailed map, marked with logging roads and general points of interest, the day is yours for the taking.
Be on the lookout for brown bears, black tail deer, beavers, and more. There isn't just wildlife to be seen on the ground, look to the sky and maybe you will see a bald eagle soaring above. Each animal has unique habits that vary depending on the season.
These vehicles are legal for city streets too. Explore the small, but quaint, downtown Hoonah to round off this experience that is unlike any other in Alaska.
- While there is a probability of seeing bears, we cannot guarantee a sighting.
- This is a self-guided tour. All vehicles are equipped with Garmin GPS Navigational Devices pre-loaded with maps, points of interest and scenic viewpoints.
- All drivers must be at least 21 years of age and present a valid driver's license.
- All participants will be asked to sign a waiver prior to participation.
- Maximum 2 people per vehicle for the Artic Cat price option.
- Those booking the 4-passenger or 5-passenger rate will be on either a Honda Pioneer 700 or Honda Pioneer 1000.
Days offered: 7 days a week