If you don't own a Jeep. You will likely want one after this.
At some point on a guided tour you might have fantasies of breaking off and going rogue. Something out of the corner of your eye might catch your attention. Maybe you have found the perfect lookout where you just want to chill and relax for awhile. If only you didn't have to follow a hand crafted itinerary. If only......if only......if......only.
We suggest letting this rebellious side overcome you and there isn't a better place to start than embarking on your own Jeep adventure while in Icy Strait. With a Jeep Wrangler reserved just for your crew, the opportunities for exploration in Hoonah, Chichagof Island and Tongass National Forest are endless. If it's hot out, put the air conditioner on. If it's raining, stay warm and dry. If the pavement ends, cruise down the dirt and gravel roads that lead you into the remote wilderness for opportunities to see wildlife and those breathtaking Alaskan views.
You will be provided with a detailed map covering many points of interest, but don't worry about having to follow it in order. The day is yours!
- While there is a probability of seeing bears, we cannot guarantee a sighting.
- This is a self-guided tour. All vehicles are equipped with Garmin GPS Navigational Devices pre-loaded with maps, points of interest and scenic viewpoints.
- All drivers must be at least 25 years of age and present a valid driver's license.
- All participants will be asked to sign a waiver prior to participation.
- Each Jeep takes a maximum of 5 passengers.
Days offered: 7 days a week