It's a great tour for those that want an overall understanding of the city.
This tour will provide you with a wonderful exploration of Jerusalem. It's an ideal excursion for those that want an overall understanding of the city, without a specific religious focus.
We'll begin this day of sightseeing by picking you up at the Ashdod pier. We will then make our way to one of the best panoramic viewing points in all of Jerusalem, the Mount of Olives.
Next we could enter the Old City through one of the gates and walk (please review "special instructions") through the Old City, the axis around which the three great monotheistic religions revolve to see the Christian and reconstructed Jewish quarter.
Tour the Jewish Quarter that was reconstructed after the city was unified at the conclusion of the Six-Day War in 1967. Walk along the restored Jewish Quarter to the "Cardo," meaning "heart" of this ancient Byzantine street .
Next, we might want to visit the excavations of the Herodian Mansions, located beneath the present day Jewish Quarter, showing how the high priests and wealthy Jerusalemites of old lived.
Then we will drive through the new city and pass city highlights like the High Court of Justice, the Israeli Museum, and the Israeli Parliament (Knesset).
We will then end the day with a visit at Yad Vashem, the memorial to the six million innocent victims of the Holocaust.
- We will always opt to avoid bad traffic and crowds. Please note that this itinerary is subject to change. Any changes to the itinerary are always done with your best interest in mind.
- Lunch, beverages, entrance fees, gratuities are not included.
- A surcharge applies for Saturday bookings as well as holidays. In 2020, these dates are April 9th,16th and 29th, May 29th, September 10th, 20th and 28th and October 3rd and 10th.
- Modest dress is mandatory. Wearing revealing clothing such as sleeveless shirts, shorts or skirts above the knee will result in you not being allowed entry into religious buildings.
- Yad Vashem is closed on Fridays, Saturdays and all Jewish Holidays.
- Please note: Jewish sites may close early on Fridays and will be closed on Saturdays and Jewish holidays. If your tour is on a Saturday, the Jewish sites will be substituted with other sites.
Attention clients: You must carry your passport with you on this tour. You will not be able to enter certain sites if you do not have your passport.
Days offered: 7 days a week