A classic tour of Jerusalem with a Christian focus.
We'll begin this day of sightseeing by picking you up at the Ashdod pier. We'll then make our way to one of the best panoramic viewing points in all of Jerusalem.
Next, we'll move on to the Garden of Gethsemane. This location is known within the Christian tradition as the site of Jesus' agony, prayer, betrayal by Judas, and subsequent arrest. We'll also see the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, where Jesus was crucified and buried.
Then we'll embark on the Way of the Cross (also known as the Stations of the Cross), along the Via Dolorosa, or the Sorrowful Way, in the medieval city of Jerusalem. This passage marks the final hours of Jesus Christ's life. The goal of the Stations is to help faithful Christians in their spiritual pilgrimage by following the scenes of Christ's sufferings and death.
Finally, we'll visit Bethlehem, the birthplace of Jesus of Nazareth, located in the West Bank.
If there is time at the end of your day, it's possible that we could incorporate other sites. This would depend on the pace (how long you choose to spend at each site) of the day and traffic/crowds.
At the conclusion of the tour, you'll be returned to the pier.
- We will always opt to avoid bad traffic and crowds. Please note that this itinerary is subject to change. Any changes to the itinerary are always done with your best interest in mind.
- Please wear comfortable footwear, as portions of this tour involve walking.
- Lunch, beverages, entrance fees, and gratuities are not included in the price of this tour.
- During check out, we'll ask you your religious affiliation (if any). Your answer will help us tailor your day of touring accordingly. However, you are not required to answer.
- Special Note about BETHLEHEM: Bethlehem is part of the Palestinian Authority. Nearly all of the guides are Israelis. Israeli guides are not allowed to escort tourists into Bethlehem. We will use a Palestinian guide from Bethlehem to escort you into Bethlehem. Instead of paying your Bethlehem guide in cash for his services, we have a different system. The guide's services are sponsored by a local gift shop in Bethlehem, where you will stop on the tour. You'll be expected to pay approximately $25 per person for the guide's services. Instead of paying the guide $25, you're expected to buy approximately $25 (or more) in souvenirs.
- Modest dress is mandatory. Wearing revealing clothing such as sleeveless shirts, shorts, or skirts above the knee will result in you not being allowed entry into religious buildings.
- Please note: You must carry your passport with you on this tour. You will not be able to enter certain sites if you do not have your passport.
Days offered: 7 days a week