Hobbiton And Geysers - The Best From Tauranga - Private TourExplore > New Zealand > Tauranga > Hobbiton And Geysers - The Best From Tauranga - Private Tour
Who doesn't want to see where Frodo grew up?
We don't know about the rest of you but when we watched Lord of the Rings it got us thinking that The Shire would be a pretty amazing place to live. Happy Hobbits, flowing beer, beautiful countryside, seclusion and birthday celebrations with fireworks? What more could you want? Especially after Frodo helped bring back peace to Middle Earth it has to be considered one of the top 10 livable locations in the world. Step aside Auckland.
Well there aren't any houses for sale and we ask that you don't try hiding in the corner of one but we'll help you explore one of the most iconic movie sets in film history. After a pick up at the pier you will be whisked away to Hobbiton for a picturesque tour of the private farmland that is home to the completely rebuilt set featured in the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit trilogies. A 2 hour tour of the grounds will have you desperate to re-watch the movies and look for all the little details you were able to explore up close and personal. A complimentary drink at the Green Dragon Inn will provide the perfect cap off to your tour as you enjoy one of Bilbo's favorite vices. Soda will be available for the younger Hobbits.
Understandably you may want to get back to the port to start your own fellowship but it would be a crime to come all this way and not check out Te Puia before heading back Tauranga. This landscape of erupting geothermal activity is the perfect lens into New Zealand's unique creation and history. From blasting geysers to Maori history, you will walk away with a deeper understanding of how New Zealand earned the name "Shaky Isles" and where its unique cultural heritage came from.
- Departure time will be assigned upon tour confirmation and will coincide with your ship's time in port.
- Entrance fees to Te Puia and Hobbiton are included in the price of this tour.
- Lunch is not included in the price of this tour. Time is built in for lunch during your time in Te Puia.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- This tour takes a maximum of 14 passengers.
- At Hobbiton, you are required to be led through the grounds by a guide provided by their organization. Your group through the grounds (shire) may be larger than 14 on busy days.
Days offered: 7 days a week