Gardens, fishing villages, volcanoes, mud baths, snorkeling--all for you to discover.
Traveling in the Caribbean can be an interesting process for decision making. Often you go to experience the beautiful beaches and blue waters. The problem with this is that you aren't just showing up on a deserted island with a couple of marinas. Throughout the islands there is a unique array of sightseeing opportunities that shouldn't be lost behind your gaze into the sea. This excursion provides the perfect combination of local culture without forgetting the best-known parts of the Caribbean--snorkeling and sun.
After arriving in Castries, we'll take you on a lovely catamaran sail down the West side of St. Lucia where you'll notice soaring peaks and lush topography. Your Captain knows the best scenic route to take - you'll pass through Marigot Bay, which is a mecca for yachts and considered one of the most beautiful bays in the Caribbean. As you pass Anse La Raye, you will learn about life in a St. Lucia fishing village with beautiful views of the mountains around you and the smells of the fresh catch seeping from the shore.
At the Diamond Botanical Gardens, you will learn about the vast array of trees and flowers that are unique to the area. The flowers here are not all necessarily native to St. Lucia, but they are plentiful and the oxygen is invigorating. Make sure you take a walk to the Diamond Waterfall, which is one of the most colorful on the island as the rock face changes color depending on the mineral content from the rainwater mixed with molten rock from the nearby volcano.
Next, you will take a shuttle to the historic district in Soufrière for a traditional creole style lunch at the Fond Doux cocoa plantation and resort. Years of history make Fond Doux a special place to experience St. Lucia's culture through culinary means.
We've saved the best for last, underground sulfur springs will provide a unique smell to let you know you have arrived at the mud baths. Here, you'll be able to slab on organic mud and let the natural properties of the sulfur mud cleanse and revitalize your body and mind. Once the mud dries, bathe in the natural hot springs. You'll feel gorgeous and healthy!
A celebratory catamaran sail will finish your journey, complete with time to swim, snorkel, and to enjoy some ice-cold beverages.
- Please bring your swimsuit, sunscreen, camera, and a towel. Please note that the Sulphur springs may stain your swimsuit. We suggest bringing an old suit or wearing a darker suit.
- The catamaran/snorkel portion combines travelers from other tours. Group size will vary.
- You will have a choice between Sulfur Spring for volcano tour or mud bath dip. You will not be able to participate in both activities.
- Beer, rum punch, soft drinks, and juice are provided on the return catamaran trip. Alcohol cannot be consumed until the snorkeling portion is finished.
- Please note that if you are traveling on a cruise ship, your ship must arrive in port prior to 9:00 A.M.
- Sorry, we cannot provide pick-up at any Sandals resorts on this tour.
Days offered: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday