Wine Blending Experience - Marlborough Wine CountryExplore > New Zealand > Picton > Wine Blending Experience - Marlborough Wine Country
An in depth look at the wine making process
The winery that will give you a lesson in all things winemaking was once visited by the British Royals.
If you're a wine snob, you will know that the Marlborough Wine Country produces some of the best wines in the entire world. If you aren't a wine snob, then now you know. Traveling through the region gives your taste buds the opportunity to enjoy some of these famous wines straight from the source and provides the perfect opportunity to treat your wine-craving tongue to a vacation of its own. Rather than just stopping after a few samples of wine, why not roll up your sleeves and try your hand at being a winemaker? These guys are the best of the best. I mean you are already half way across the globe, right?
After being picked up at the pier, your local guide will take you to a boutique winery for your first visit. Sauvignon Blanc is what Marlborough is known for and each winery has their own take on what makes theirs the best. Your next stop will be at a location visited by the British Royals where you will have you the chance to be a winemaker. Get ready for your journey through the winemaking process where your host will talk about blending, weather, soil, and the intricacies of viticulture. After you get the expert rundown, they will serve as a coach while you blend your own Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Noir. This sounds quite a bit more interesting than going to the local liquor store and pulling a bottle off the shelf.
From here, you have earned the opportunity to kick your feet up for a bit and pretend you own one of these estates. A 3-course lunch will await you at another boutique winery where you will receive wine pairings with each dish. The ideal way to relax and wrap up your day in one of the world's most respected wine regions.
- The cost of lunch is included in the price of this tour. Wine is paired with each course. Additional beverages can be purchased at your own expense.
- If there is a specific winery you are interested in visiting, please contact us in regards to a private itinerary.
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 and takes a maximum of 10 passengers.
- The wineries you visit will vary based on availability and expected crowds. Your guide will do his best to take you places away from the larger buses.
- Please note that this tour is not accessible to those in wheelchairs and/or limited mobility.
Days offered: 7 days a week