Private Wine Experience - From Bike To Vine To WineExplore > New Zealand > Picton > Private Wine Experience - From Bike To Vine To Wine
Biking to a wine tasting, because running doesn't get you there fast enough.
Don't be afraid to romanticize this tour. There is something inherently delightful about the concept of a leisurely bike ride from one winery to the next. Combine this with the fact that you are in one of the most beautiful places on earth, where they produce some of the best wines on earth, and you may conclude that this is the pinnacle of wine biking tours.
After being picked up at the pier, you will be driven into the heart of Marlborough Wine Country to meet your local wine guide and saddle up on a bike. A stand alone vineyard isn't anything out of this world, but, when biking through acres and acres of vines, the landscape becomes a fascinating masterpiece of all things wine. With each winery you stop at, you will learn more about the history of the wine region and the charismatic winemakers that have dedicated their lives to the craft. Most importantly, you will be able to taste them straight from the source!
A well-deserved lunch (cost not included) will also be prepared at an award-winning restaurant while you enjoy the ambiance of Marlborough.
- Lunch is not included in the price of this tour.
- The pace for the biking portion is leisurely and the terrain is easy. Any skill level is welcome. The total distance biked can range from 4 to 6 miles.
- You will be provided a bike helmet.
- If there is a specific winery you are interested in visiting, please contact us in regards to a private itinerary.
- You will visit 5-6 wineries during the day, based on the pace of your group. The wineries you visit will vary based on availability and expected crowds. Your guide will do his best to take you to places away from the larger buses. If you have a request to visit a specific winery, please let us know and we will do our best to arrange it.
Days offered: 7 days a week