Aix And Cassis...A Shoretrips Premium Shared Van TourExplore > France > Marseille > Aix And Cassis...A Shoretrips Premium Shared Van Tour
Explore Provence and Cassis on this small group tour!
ShoreTrips' PREMIUM shared van tours are a perfect choice if you are looking for a deluxe tour that's economical but without the crowds of a big bus.
We will confirm your reservation when we have at least 2 passengers booked. You will be notified about two weeks prior to the start of the cruise with options of more expensive private trips if we are not able to run the shared tour.
This Tour Includes:
- Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Aix en Provence
- Aix en Provence Cathedral
- Cours Mirabeau
- Provencal Market
- Cassis Village
- Cassis Cliffs
Creative fountains, picturesque boulevards and stunning mansions have created a name for Aix-en-Provence that makes it the "place to be" for anyone traveling to Southern France. This classic town shows off its wealth and love for the arts and higher education around every turn with each architectural creation more intriguing than the next. The historic city center is a puzzle of boulevards and squares that is best explored by foot as you learn about the medieval wall with 39 towers once surrounding the area. At the Aix Cathedral you will explore a place of worship that slowly transformed for over 10 centuries. With construction continually interrupted by wars, plagues and other random events, the nuances of Romanesque, Gothic and Baroque eras are scattered throughout the grounds making for interesting stories behind every facade and statue. Make sure to keep an eye out for the fifth-century baptistery which is built into the ground and surrounded by a circle of marble columns.
Walking along the Cours Mirabeau provides the perfect picture as to why Aix en Provence is considered one of the classiest locales in the region. A double row of trees will welcome you and provide a guideline for the exploration of the many famous fountains, cafes and shops that make this the hot spot of the city. Odds are you will look on in envy at the cafe patrons who are sipping espresso and slowing down their day while reading a purchase from the corner bookstore.
The charming port town of Cassis will greet you as your next stop situated perfectly at the base of a rocky bluff. Between either a leisurely stroll or some time at the beach there isn't a bad way to spend some time in this city of just under 10,000 residents. Nobel prize winner Frederique Mistral is on the record saying "He who has been to Paris but not Cassis can say, I haven't seen anything." Before returning to Marseille you will stop for a photo on the Cassis Cliffs, the highest cliff in Europe.
- Admissions, food and beverages are not included in the cost of this tour.
- This excursion is only available on Tuesdays and works best with Royal Caribbean cruise itineraries.
- This excursion is only available from June 14th to October 18th.
- Each van holds a maximum of 8 passengers.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 passengers.
- You are purchasing a shared tour and you will be expected to maintain the pace of the group. If you use a walker, wheelchair or scooter or if you have mobility problems you will be refused service and not refunded. We suggest that you purchase a private tour for your best enjoyment.
Days offered: Tuesday