Biking, hiking, then more biking.
Alaska is the last great frontier. What better way to explore the Alaskan landscape than by biking, hiking, and biking again? After a thorough safety lesson, our bike ride begins. If you get tired of peddling, let our electric bikes give you a little boost. This is the ideal method of transportation for southeastern Alaska. Simply enjoy the beautiful outdoors and let your bike do most of the work. You're on the road to nowhere and the bike path is paved and well maintained for easy riding. When the road ends, the trail begins.
Now it's time for a guided hike through a section of Alaskan rain forest that is as dense as it is beautiful. A calming stream will lead you to a rushing waterfall. Sit down and take in the views if you like. We're in no rush. After becoming one with nature, you may wish to never leave. On the return journey, your guide has a surprise everyone will love--a secret spot along the Inside Passage where all you will hear is waves crashing on the beach.
After all that exercise, we're sure you've worked up an appetite. A traditional Alaskan picnic of smoked salmon awaits. Alaskan beers and other beverages are available for purchase from the on-site restaurant. Go ahead, you've earned it!
Return feeling refreshed, refueled, and reconnected.
- Please note that the meeting location for this tour is a short walk from the cruise pier. If you have questions, contact ShoreTrips.
- Ketchikan is prone to rain. This program operates rain or shine. Rain pants and jackets will be provided. Bring your own if you prefer.
- This is a slow-paced, yet active tour. Please wear appropriate shoes.
- Bike/hike takes approximately 2.5 hours.
- A vegan snack option will be available for those with dietary restrictions.
- Please note that departure times are tailored to accommodate your time in port. If the listed departure times do not fit with your cruise ship's schedule please contact ShoreTrips.
- This tour operates May 1-October 1.
- There is a maximum of 8 people per guide.
- You must be at least 16 years old to participate in this program.
- You must be at least 21 years old to consume alcohol.
- The total length of the bike tour is 10.5 miles. Please be sure you are physically able to pedal that distance.
- We recommend that all participants should have ridden a bike within the past 2 years. We suggest going for a few rides before the date of the tour.
- Weight limit on bikes is 300 pounds.
Days offered: 7 days a week