Unexpected Bermuda (November 15th - April 13th)Explore > Bermuda > King's Wharf > Unexpected Bermuda (November 15th - April 13th)
Don't leave any part of Bermuda undiscovered!
With a local as your guide, you'll discover the beauty that is Bermuda.
People often forget that Bermuda's weather is not the same in the winter as in summer months. Though the temp may be a tad cooler, the bright side of this is the lack of crowds. There is no better time to visit than when the locals and true travelers are the only ones around. Begin this sightseeing experience with a nature hike, most pleasant in the fresh air and lush foliage.
We will journey first to the stunning Tom Moore's jungle. Set on top of an underground caving system, your guide will take you on an adventure you won't forget! As summer turns to fall, you will feel closer to the trees of the forest as you inhale crisp, clean air. It's too cold to swim, but follow your guides as they take you to a nearby cave with stalactites serving as chandeliers. Put on your safety helmet and enter into the depths of our first secluded cave, passing through crystallized limestone caverns under the ground and exiting on the other side of the jungle.
Next, you will travel to the Southlands Estate, better known as "The Vines" by locals. You will notice an abundance of rubber trees lining the property. If you're feeling adventurous, you can grab hold of a vine and let it take you swinging! You'll find an old Bermuda home on this property that was built in the 1700s and maintained for its historical significance.
With summer crowds long gone, you'll enjoy a quieter side of Bermuda that will leave you feeling refreshed and reconnected to nature.
- The price of lunch is included in this program and there will be different options for your dietary needs.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes as this tour involves lots of walking. We don't recommend wearing anything you don't wish to get dirty.
- The meeting location for this tour is a short walk from the cruise ship pier. If you are staying at a hotel you will have to meet at the Dockyard where cruise ships dock. If you have questions, contact ShoreTrips.
- This tour operates November-April 13th, 2018 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- Travelers with a history of heart, respiratory, limited mobility, back problems, upper mobility limitations or any major health concerns should not participate.
- The tour requires a minimum of 4 passengers and takes a maximum of 15.
Days offered: Monday, Wednesday, Friday