Flightseeing - Alaska's BackcountryExplore > United States > Sitka > Flightseeing - Alaska's Backcountry
Alaska's backcountry with a bird's eye view.
Most of your flightseeing will take place over Baranof Island which is just a bit smaller than Deleware. With around 8,000 residents, this leaves quite a bit of uninhabited land providing that perfect scope into the famous Alaskan landscapes.
This Tour Includes:
- Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier
- 60 minute flightseeing ride
- Scenic views of Baranof Island
- Water landing at a remote alpine lake
- Commentary from your expert pilot/guide
Roadside lookouts are spectacular. We can all agree on that. But every now and then as we lean over the metal barricade we see a bird soar into the landscape. Fortunately we know they can't support our weight so we don't bother jumping on with the hopes of seeing Alaska from new angle. Lucky for us the Wright Brothers were born and lucky for you we have airplanes ready to bring you over the barricades and into some of Alaska's most beautiful backcountry.
On your 60 minute flight-seeing tour you will explore Southeast Alaska in a finely tuned float plane which provides captivating views of the famous Baranof Island. Keep your eyes open for wildlife such as mountain goats, whales and bears as you pass above glacier fields and the nearby shoreline. There are more float planes in Alaska than anywhere else (we made that up but it sounds right) so why not see it in action with a landing on a remote alpine lake. The engine will turn off and you will have solitude at its finest while stepping out onto the floats to take one of a kind pictures. Your pilot will be giving you the lay of the land, through your personal headset, around every turn!
- All passenger weights are required. You will be asked to furnish us with the weight of each passenger at the time of booking.
- You will either fly in a DeHavilland Beaver which holds a maximum of 5 travelers or a Cessna 185 which holds a maximum of 3 travelers.
- This trip requires a minimum of 2 people.
- Bags and backpacks are not allowed on the plane because of flight regulations. They can be left at the tour operator's office and locked in a secure location.
- This excursion can accommodate collapsible wheelchairs but you must be able to walk a few steps and get in and out of the van or plane without the assistance of your pilot. You will be asked if you are traveling with a wheelchair during check-out.
Days offered: 7 days a week