The Best Of Puntarenas - Combo TourExplore > Costa Rica > Puntarenas > The Best Of Puntarenas - Combo Tour
The best Puntarenas has to offer!
Odds are you are in Puntarenas for just one day so we want to take you to the most important spots in this beautiful city along the Central Pacific coast. With a naturalist guide accompanying you along the way, the tour begins with a countryside drive towards the Carara Adventure Park and Reserve. The drive will showcase the country's famous rural traditions, from citrus plantations to farming communities.
The reserve's privileged location, along the border between tropical and Dry Pacific eco-systems, gives us the benefit of gathering hundreds of species of birds as well as exotic animals (poison dart frog, monkeys, raccoons, lizards, deer and many more). The nature walk lasts about one hour along easy gravel trails and small bridges.
After your rainforest adventure, we're re-boarding the bus and heading to the Tarcoles River for a one-hour riverboat cruise. Famous for its large American Crocodiles, the Tarcoles River forms the Northern border of Carara Biological Reserve on the Central Pacific coast of Costa Rica. The Tarcoles River is home to one of the world’s largest crocodile populations in the wild and they are very easy to admire during our one-hour boat ride. Besides crocodiles, many aquatic bird species, monkeys & scarlet macaws are easy to see.
Continuing our tour, you will visit El Jardin Souvenir Store & Restaurant. This is a beautiful souvenir’s store and Art Gallery with excellent products. At this place, free time is allowed for shopping and/or lunch at the restaurant, where delicious typical and international dishes are offered for an excellent price. You can taste the typical dish of Costa Rica, “El Casado” a plate that combines rice, beans, vegetables, fried plantain and a meat of your selection (chicken, steak, fish) for an affordable price.
After lunch, we head to the city of Puntarenas, which means "sandy point" in Spanish. In addition to an important cruise ship port, Puntarenas is also a commercial fishing port, with plentiful fresh seafood such as shrimp, lobster, and fish. We'll visit Paseo de los Turistas, a tree-lined promenade adjacent to the beach. Locals and visitors alike enjoy the popular restaurants, discos, cafes, bars, and hotels that are found here. Stroll the streets to admire the old, unusual buildings as well as a lovely old church.
- Wear long pants, comfortable walking shoes, insect repellent, sunglasses, a hat, and sunscreen, and don't forget your camera.
- This is a perfect for all ages.
- The cost of lunch is not included in the price of the tour.
- You must be in physical shape to walk at least 1 mile in a tropical climate.
- Contact ShoreTrips if you would like to arrange this tour privately.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see your purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. Also check the daily itinerary which is delivered the evening before arriving into port. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
- This trip does not operate on Christmas Day.
Days offered: 7 days a week