Combo...Whales And Helicopter Glacier Landing
Save at least one hour of transportation with this new combination of Juneau's favorites!
Always looking to make your ShoreTrips experience the best, a staff member suggested this combination. Kudos to Greg who saw a trend and figured out the best way to deliver it!
This Tour Includes:
- Roundtrip coordinated transportation: pier-whale watch-helipad-pier
- Our stellar whale watch adventure on smaller boats
- An Alaskan snack of freshly-baked bagel with local salmon spread, soda, coffee, hot cocoa, and water.
- Helicopter flight to Herbert, Taku, Lemon or Norris Glacier
- 15-20 minute glacier walk
- Save at least one hour of transportation with this combination
- Lots of photo opportunities
Your adventure begins with a short drive through downtown Juneau all the way to Auk Bay where you will have the opportunity to see humpback and orca whales, Dall's porpoises, stellar sea lions, harbor seals, bald eagles, and more.
Once you board the boat, relax and let your experienced captain lead the way to whales and other wildlife. Since your guides visit the waters daily, they are quite knowledgeable about the social circles of whales and where they congregate. You will learn about life in Alaska, as well as the habits of these mammals.
Next, we're off to our favorite helipad, which is conveniently between Auk Bay and the pier.
This most popular tour will take you from the Juneau airport for a one-hour extravaganza over the Juneau Icefield, traveling to the Herbert, Taku, Lemon, or Norris Glacier.
Only moments after departing from the airport, you will be flying over spectacular rock formations and icefalls. The tour is narrated by either your knowledgeable pilot/guide or a custom CD.
Upon reaching your destination, your pilot/guide will shut down the helicopter and escort you on an informative, relaxing walk while describing the area that surrounds you. The glacier walk will be approximately 15-20 minutes long.
You have just had the 2 best experiences in Alaska. One - seeing the Juneau Icefields from above before landing on a glacier and the other, the famous whales in these bays.
- Binoculars are provided for viewing pleasure on the boat.
- An Alaskan snack is included during the whale watching portion of the trip.
- No minimum fitness required.
- Dress with warm, water-resistant coat, hat, and gloves.
- Wear tennis shoes or lightweight hiking boots.
- Bring your camera and/or binoculars.
- If needed, boots and raincoats will be provided.
- All passengers must be able to get on and off the bus and to navigate the steep incline between the bus and boat.
- When purchasing, please enter the number of children under age 2 who will be on the trip.
- Heart patients: Please beware that this flight reaches heights of up to 5000'.
- No bags or backpacks of any sort are allowed on the helicopter. Everything you bring must fit in your pockets. Cameras or binoculars must fit into pockets or worn around your neck.
- You will be required to furnish the weight of each passenger. Be prepared to weigh in for this tour. To ensure your safety and comfort, passengers weighing 280 pounds or more (including clothing, footwear, and cameras, which may add an additional 10-15 pounds) will be reserved extra space on-board the helicopter and will be required to pay an additional amount. Please contact ShoreTrips for that price.
Days offered: 7 days a week