What a great way to give back to the education community in Aruba!
ShoreTrips has recently joined forces with Hope Floats, a non-profit, based in California, that, like us, has a number of volunteer-based activities already setup. ShoreTrips is privileged to be able to work with Hope Floats as we share a mutual love for the well-being of the islands. With the help of our travelers, we are certain we can make a lasting impression in the Caribbean.
Volunteer opportunities may include:
- Assist teachers in classrooms
- Sing and read books with the children
- Sorting of papers
- Painting and some handy work
- General maintenance within the facility
This kindergarten school in Aruba will touch your heart the minute you arrive. You would never believe this school is the poorest on the island because of the bright smiles you will bring to the children's and the lively principal's faces.
The tasks volunteers do vary a bit throughout the year but normally consist of assisting the teachers in one of the two classrooms, playing with the children on their playground, sorting of papers and some light handy work.
- Transfers are included in the cost of this tour.
- School supply donations are greatly appreciated: Crayons, coloring books, pens, erasers, small staplers, lunch boxes and backpacks are just a few examples.
- Please be mindful of the clothing you wear today.
ShoreTrips GIVE was developed to connect travelers with ongoing volunteer projects in the Caribbean. To accomplish this, ShoreTrips has partnered with Hope Floats, a non-profit foundation, which has agreed to organize these activities and to provide a meet and greet representative. The fee to participate in this specific GIVE activity covers round-trip transfers and all administration costs as well as a small donation to the organization. Because of its off-shore location, the fee is not tax deductible.
- Physical Involvement Level: Easy
- If you have more than 6 people in your party, please call ShoreTrips for additional pricing.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday