Stockholm Highlights...A Shoretrips Value Shared TourExplore > Sweden > Stockholm > Stockholm Highlights...A Shoretrips Value Shared Tour
Capture the highlights of Stockholm on this value shared tour!
Looking at a map from a distance, one might not notice the islands that make up Stockholm's metropolitan area. Feel free to take a closer look before you arrive, but, frankly, we'd rather save the surprise for the tour. At your first stop, Fjallgaten, you will quickly learn why so many people believe that this is one of the most beautiful capitals in the world. This wonderful viewpoint perfectly frames the Old Town and sets the tone as you make your way to the world-famous Vasa Museum.
At the Vasa Museum, you'll come face-to-face with the world's only (almost) fully salvaged 17th century ship. Sinking on her maiden voyage in 1628, the Vasa was lined with 64 cannons and served as home to 300 soldiers. Although it wasn't the biggest ship built at the time, many people thought that its unique design would prove fierce in combat.
Once out of the Vasa Museum, you will drive through Sodermalm, Stockhom's biggest island, and over Vasterbron, Stockholm's longest bridge before heading to the Old Town.
Arrival at the Old Town provides the perfect opportunity to stretch your legs and explore the streets of Stockholm on foot. From the Old Town Market Square to Stockholm's narrowest alley, you will walk through some of the city's most picturesque areas. Keep your eye out for Jarnpojke (Iron Boy), which, at 5.9 inches high, is the smallest public monument in Stockholm!
You may choose to either spend more time in the Old Town at your leisure or return to the ship with the tour vehicle.
- You will be walking on cobblestone streets for a portion of this tour, so please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Entrance fees to the Vasa Museum is included in the price of this tour.
- Gratuities, food, and beverages are not included in the price of this tour.
- Please be advised that some of the smaller ships handling Baltic itineraries are more difficult for us to confirm. They often arrive at odd times and dock in smaller ports which make combining services formidable. We are speaking specifically of Crystal, Oceania, Azamara, Silver Seas, Viking, Seabourn and Regent. We will do our best but it would be preferred if you select a private excursion to secure the service.
- This tour takes a maximum of 24 passengers.
- This excursion can not be done as a pre-cruise tour or a post-cruise tour. It must be round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier during a normal port day in the itinerary. Even if your ship overnights at the back end of your itinerary, unfortunately, we cannot run this tour that way.
- You are purchasing a shared tour and you will be expected to maintain the pace of the group. If you use a walker, wheelchair or scooter or if you have mobility problems you will be refused service and not refunded. We suggest that you purchase a private tour for your best enjoyment. Also, please note that if you have an infant, that we also would suggest a private tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week