A fun way to visit both Philipsburg and Marigot, and even spend time in glorious Grand Case.
St. Martin is one of the most interesting islands to tour and even more fun in a jeep rather than in a van or bus. Finally, we have found a jeep tour that satisfies us and brings you to our favorite areas!
On this tour you will:
• Drive through Philipsburg and its outskirts
• Stop for a panoramic view
• See Maho Beach and famous plane landings
• Walk and shop in Marigot
• Spend time in Grand Case
Wheels are a necessity on St. Martin since it's such a large island, but worrying about anything more than the vehicle in front of you and the scenery around you lessens the experience. So here, with our jeep safari, you will have a chance to enjoy yourself while your lead jeep makes all the decisions of where, what and when.
After meeting your guide and listening to a brief itinerary, you will take off in your jeep, all of which have shades available. You will first drive through Philipsburg, most likely noting which stores you will return to in the afternoon.
Cole Bay is your first stop and you will hear about the island from your guide while you take in the panoramic view. When ready, you will depart for the famous Sunset Beach Bar located on Maho Beach. This beach is well-known for its quirky location as you are right in the path of planes taking off and landing. You will have time to enjoy a drink at one of the cafes or dig your toes in the sand while watching these airplanes come and go.
To change gears a bit, you will now direct your jeep to Marigot, the center of the French side of the island. It is amazing how different it is from Philipsburg. You will have a little time here to shop or visit the market before you leave for what we consider the best part of the island, Grand Case. It is as close to the French Riviera as you will see in the Caribbean. Lovely boutiques and cafes line the main street. You will find plenty of beachside restaurants to entice you and even a famous BBQ joint at one end. If you're looking for a specific cuisine, please ask your guide.
On the return to the pier, you will make one more stop at a lookout point over the famous Orient Beach. It is truly a gorgeous sight. Then back to the ship.
• Jeeps are automatic.
• Per person pricing is based on 4 people per jeep. If there are less than 4 in your party, you may share the jeep with others unless you purchase the private jeep option.
• This is not off-road driving.
• The order of activities may change depending on the day.
• The schedule, as well as the stops, might be adjusted based on the conditions of the day and to allow you the best experience.
• Bring sunscreen, a hat, bathing suite, sunglasses, a towel, and money for refreshments.
• Please note that after you check in, a guide will walk you to where the Jeeps are located. The walk is approximately 10 minutes.
• Minimum age for this tour is 6 years old.
• Jeep drivers must be at least 21 years old with a valid driver's license.
• There is a minimum of 4 people for the non-private jeep.
• The price of lunch is not included in the tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week