Journey to the magnificent archaeological site of Ephesus.
Begin your drive out to Ancient Ephesus, just under an hour away.
This tour includes:
• Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier
• Driver and air-conditioned vehicle
• English-speaking guide
• Entrance and parking fees to all sites
• Temple of Artemis
• Celsus Library
• Grand Theater
Your journey through time begins with a drive from Kusadasi to the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world, which Alexander the Great visited while it was being constructed in 335 B.C.
Your next stop is at Ephesus, one of the most magnificent and best preserved ancient sites in the world. Historians originally believed that Ephesus was founded by the Amazons, but now it's more commonly thought to have been the Hittite city of Apasa. The Virgin Mary is said to have visited the site between 37 and 45 A.D. With your guide, you'll see the Odeon, where the advisory council held its meetings, and the baths, as well as many other columns, monuments, and ruins, including the Celsus Library, whose facade has been carefully reconstructed from all original pieces. We'll also see the Grand Theater, with a seating capacity of 24,000 people.
• The price of this trip includes a driver and air-conditioned vehicle, all transportation costs, an English-speaking guide, and entrance and parking fees to all sites.
• Ephesus gets very crowded and extremely hot in the summer months, so take plenty of water, sunscreen, and head covers.
Days offered: 7 days a week