Classic Kona Tour...A Premium Shared Van TourExplore > United States > Big Island of Hawaii > Classic Kona Tour...A Premium Shared Van Tour
Hawaiian History, Culture and Kona Coffee!
ShoreTrips' PREMIUM shared van tours are a perfect choice if you are looking for a deluxe tour that's economical but without the crowds of a big bus.
On the big island, what often takes the cake is Volcanoes National Park, which can be accessed from Hilo. Well, it's called the BIG island for a reason, so it's best not to forget the rest, and Kona represents the perfect place to start. With a famous coffee trade and a unique culture not found anywhere else in the United States, you're certain to walk away with a deeper understanding of Hawaii at its best.
Begin your day with a walk through ancient lava fields to the beach at Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park. Touch your toes in the sand while you learn about the Hawaiian way of life and history of this pristine bay. You may be greeted by the resident Hawaiian green sea turtles along the shoreline.
You will also visit a Kona coffee farm for a tour and tasting at a locally owned & operated farm that has been in production since 1850!
Pay a visit to Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park. This location once served as a place of refuge for Hawaiians who broke the ancient laws called kapu. A local priest would absolve the runaway of their mishaps and allow them to return back to society. It is now beautifully maintained and is considered one of the most sacred spots throughout the islands.
With a half day well spent, you'll appreciate Hawaii as a place of more than just beaches and palm trees, but rich in culture and heritage!
Spend the rest of the day on your own exploring the waterfront area along Kailua-Kona pier with many boutique shops and a swimming beach to cool off after your tour.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and bring sunscreen and a hat.
- Bottled water is included in the price of this tour.
- There is a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 14 for this tour.
- Guests must be able to walk a minimum of 1 mile on uneven, rocky terrain.
- This tour is not wheelchair or walker accessible.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination is required for all participants.
- All passengers are required to wear a face mask that covers the mouth and nose when traveling in the vehicle for the duration of the tours. Face masks may only be removed when outdoors in open air and social distancing of 6 feet must be maintained.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided and available to all guests. All passengers must sanitize their hands before entering the vehicle.
- A health questionnaire and temperature checks are mandatory prior to boarding the vehicle. Any guest who has recently been sick or is traveling with someone who is sick will not be allowed to participate in the tour.
- Boarding will be done from the rear to front at each stop. Seat changes are not allowed for the duration of the tour. The front passenger seat will not be available for the safety of our guide and 'ohana.
- Tour group sizes have been reduced and guest time in the van has been minimized where possible. Private tours are available.
- Social distancing of 6 feet or more is encouraged at all times outside. Tour routes will be amended as needed to avoid crowded areas.
- Minimum age for children is 8 years old.
- This tour does not run on Christmas Day or New Year's Day.
Days offered: 7 days a week