Highlights Of Hilo And Volcanoes National Park...A Premium Shared Van TourExplore > United States > Big Island of Hawaii > Highlights Of Hilo And Volcanoes National Park...A Premium Shared Van Tour
The best way to spend a day in Hilo -- active volcanoes, lush waterfall, and beautiful gardens!
ShoreTrips' PREMIUM shared van tours are a perfect choice if you are looking for a deluxe tour that's economical but without the crowds of a big bus.
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park stands as one of the most unique locations in the world and you have pulled into the spot that marks the gateway. From Yosemite to Acadia, the National Park system spans the mainland, but many rarely get the chance to see Hawaii's geographic claim to fame--The Kilauea Volcano. Don't pass up on your chance!
After being met by your local guide, travel to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park for an early morning visit to one of the world's most active volcanoes, Kilauea. Witness the effects of Kilauea's recent volcanic eruption where the summit caldera has grown in size and drastically changed the landscape. You may even catch a glimpse of an active eruption! Learn of the Hawaiian fire goddess Pele, who makes her home within Halema'uma'u crater. Feel the heat from the natural steam vents and experience the native rain forest. Explore the lava landscape and view volcanic formations including and ancient lava tube. This is an active tour with various stops and short hiking trails.
Now we will make our way back to Hilo with a stops at a local orchid nursery and at a local chocolate factory for chocolate and coffee sampling. Now that you have a little pep in your step, pay a visit to Wailuku River State Park and the majestic Rainbow Falls well known for the beautiful rainbows cast in the mist of the waterfall.
Conclude your early afternoon tour through historic downtown Hilo with a stop at Liliuokalani Gardens for sweeping views of Hilo Bay and the two massive volcanic mountains that stand above Hilo town, Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa.
- As of November 2021, Kilauea Volcano is erupting at the summit within Halema'uma'u crater. The Hawaii Volcanoes National Park has opened access to different viewpoints. We are closely monitoring volcanic activity and your safety is our top priority. We only operate in areas deemed safe by the national park and local county government. Please understand that volcanic activity changes frequently and any alterations to the itinerary will be made with your best interest in mind. We do not guarantee that you will see lava on this tour.
- Please wear covered walking shoes and bring a rain jacket in case of changing weather. Umbrellas will be provided when needed. Bring insect repellent.
- Bottled water is included.
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 passengers.
- The van holds a maximum of 14 people, but we typically have group sizes of 10 or under.
- This is tour is available for ages 8 and up.
- This tour does not operate on Christmas day or New Years day.
- This is an active tour, and guests must be able to walk a minimum of 1.5 miles on uneven rocky terrain.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for all passengers.
- Facemasks are required.
Days offered: 7 days a week