A Day In Monaco...A Shoretrips Premium Shared Van TourExplore > France > Cannes > A Day In Monaco...A Shoretrips Premium Shared Van Tour
Discover the beauty of Monaco and the surrounding area in just one day.
If you have a problem with those crowded, big bus tours operated by the cruise lines and you're a little thrifty, here's the perfect tour for you. Visit the best of the French Riviera along with a few others in a very comfortable van driven by an experienced, personable driver for just about what the big bus tours cost. And since it's a ShoreTrips tour, you know it's first-class!
Although Monaco will be your focus for the day it would be silly to rush you straight to Casino Square. To prevent any sort of injustice, your adventure will begin in Eze, which many believe to be the most charming village along the French Riviera. Often referred to as the "Eagle Nest", Eze is perched on top of a mountain overlooking the sea, providing you the best views along the coast. With its perfumeries as famous as its views, your time spent at the famous Fragonard workshop will perfectly capture another one of your senses.
Next, continue on to La Turbie, a 1st century BC Roman village well-known as the "Terrace" of Monaco due to the splendid view it affords of the Principality. At the Trophy of the Alps, you will be able to soak in this beautiful vantage point while honoring emperor Augustus who captured this land for the Roman Empire in 7 BC.
You'll reach Monaco via the famous Formula 1 Grand Prix circuit all the way to the old town for free time on "The Rock", which was a coveted landmark for conquering dynasties hundreds of years ago. Once in Monte Carlo, you will cover everything this world-famous location has to offer. Because your tour provider is based in Monaco, you will receive the special service of being delivered up the hill where the Old Town and the Prince Palace are located. This special arrangement saves you the 20-minute walk up and again back down the hill, allowing more time for touring.
Start by discovering Casino Square while eyeing up the endless luxury shops and cars that cover the streets. Stroll the tiny streets, making sure to be at the Palace de Prince at 11:55 to witness the ritual Changing of the Guard. See the beautiful Neo-Roman St. Nicholas' Cathedral and visit the final resting place of the Monaco Princes and "Princesse Grace de Monaco". Monaco represents the perfect combination of history and glamour that packs a punch as the second smallest country in the world!
You'll have some free time with the option of visiting the Prince Palace or the Oceanographic Museum for an additional charge or enjoying a short tour of Monaco via the tourist train.
- This is a shared tour. It may make a stop or two in some of the visited cities or villages to pick up passengers but that will not affect the tour itself.
- Please note this excursion focuses on Monaco and your time in Eze and La Turbie is limited.
- Optional stops: Oceanographic Museum 14 Euros per person, Prince Palace 8 Euros per person (April-October).
- There is a minimum of 2 people needed to operate this tour.
- The maximum number of guests on this tour is 8.
- During your time in Monte Carlo, you will have about 15-30 minutes in the Golden Square which provides access to 2 casinos. The Casino de Paris, which is open all day and the Monte Carlo Casino, which is open after 2 PM. You will have time to take photos and play a few coin slots if you are interested. Jackets and ties are only required if you sit down at a card game table, which time isn’t allocated for on this excursion.
- The price of this tour does not include the 10€ entrance fee to the Monte Carlo casino. IF YOU WISH TO VISIT THE CASINO, YOU MUST BRING YOUR PASSPORT.
- We cannot refund you if you are late for this excursion due to tendering. You must arrange the tender ticket/reservation onboard your ship prior to the trip date.
- You are purchasing a shared tour and you will be expected to maintain the pace of the group. If you use a walker, wheelchair or scooter or if you have mobility problems you will be refused service and not refunded. We suggest that you purchase a private tour for your best enjoyment.
Days offered: 7 days a week