Shoretrips Give...Tortola Learning CenterExplore > Virgin Islands (British) > Tortola > Shoretrips Give...Tortola Learning Center
Assist local teachers in the classroom and on the playground!
ShoreTrips has recently joined forces with Hope Floats, a non-profit, based in California, that, like us, has a number of volunteer-based activities already setup. ShoreTrips is privileged to be able to work with Hope Floats as we share a mutual love for the well-being of the islands. With the help of our travelers, we are certain we can make a lasting impression in the Caribbean.
- Assist teachers
- Help with craft projects
- Exercise with kids on playground
- Lend hand in project clean ups
Tortola is the most populated island of the British Virgin Islands which brings along the responsibility of developing a sustainable education program. At a Tortola learning center you will help in the development and care of disabled kids ranging from 6 to 18 years old. From assisting teachers with learning programs to playing games with kids at recess, it is certain that your time and energy will go a long way in the improvement of the Tortola community as well as these students lives.
Upon your arrival to the facility you will be greeted and directed to your task. In some cases you will have a choice and others you will be encouraged to join in on the work most necessary for the organization. Most tasks require no previously acquired skills but all need your love and dedication to help those served by the organization.
- Please be mindful of the clothing you wear today.
- Craft supplies, coloring books and small toy donations are greatly appreciated.
- Travelers with sign language or braille skills are especially valuable to this organization.
- Bottled water and bathroom facilities are provided at the location.
- The meeting location can be reached by a 15-20 minute walk or approximately a 5 minute taxi ride that will cost about $5 per person each way. Further details will be on our ShoreTrips GIVE voucher.
ShoreTrips GIVE was developed to connect travelers with ongoing volunteer projects in the Caribbean. To accomplish this, ShoreTrips has partnered with Hope Floats, a non-profit foundation, which has agreed to organize these activities and to provide a meet and greet representative. The fee to participate in a GIVE activity covers all administration costs as well as a small donation to the organization. Because of its off-shore location, the fee is not tax deductible.
- Physical Involvement Level: Easy
- If you have more than 6 people in your party, please call ShoreTrips for additional pricing.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday