Shoretrips Give...Lunch Program And Thrift Store AssistanceExplore > Virgin Islands (U.S.) > St. Thomas > Shoretrips Give...Lunch Program And Thrift Store Assistance
Join in on a community project!
ShoreTrips has recently joined forces with Hope Floats, a non-profit, based in California, that, like us, has a number of volunteer-based activities already setup. ShoreTrips is privileged to be able to work with Hope Floats as we share a mutual love for the well-being of the islands. With the help of our travelers, we are certain we can make a lasting impression in the Caribbean.
We have found a great organization in St.Thomas that has immersed itself in every facet of community development on the island. Since the late 1800s, they have made a point to serve the marginalized in practical, skilled, and cost-effective ways. Their partnership with both public and private philanthropy groups has helped the needy for over 100 years. Your time and effort goes a long way in helping them accomplish their goals, and any contribution is greatly appreciated.
Upon your arrival at the facility, you will be greeted and directed to your task. In some cases, you will have a choice as to what you'll be working on and, at other times, you will be encouraged to join in on the work most necessary for the organization. Most tasks require no previously acquired skills, but they all need your love and dedication to help those served by the organization.
- Please be mindful of the clothing you wear today.
- Bottled water and bathroom facilities are provided at the location.
- This location is walkable, but it is uphill and there are no sidewalks. We suggest you take a taxi there and you can determine if you wish to walk back into the city center.
- The approximate taxi fare from both Havensight and Crown Bay is $4 per person.
- If you have a group, please contact ShoreTrips to set up special transfers at a special rate.
ShoreTrips GIVE was developed to connect travelers with ongoing volunteer projects in the Caribbean. To accomplish this, ShoreTrips has partnered with Hope Floats, a non-profit foundation, which has agreed to organize these activities and to provide a meet and greet representative. The fee to participate in a GIVE activity covers all administration costs; the fee is not tax deductible.
- Physical Involvement Level: Easy
- If you have more than 6 people in your party, please call ShoreTrips for additional pricing.
- All volunteers must be over age 18.
- This facility is closed from December 22-January 2 for the holidays.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday