Shoretrips Give...Animal Care And RescueExplore > Virgin Islands (U.S.) > St. Thomas > Shoretrips Give...Animal Care And Rescue
The perfect choice for animal lovers!
ShoreTrips has recently joined forces with Hope Floats, a non-profit, based in California, that, like us, has a number of volunteer-based activities already setup. ShoreTrips is privileged to be able to work with Hope Floats as we share a mutual love for the well-being of the islands. With the help of our travelers, we are certain we can make a lasting impression in the Caribbean.
• Animal Care
• Grooming and feeding animals
• Walking animals
• Landscaping within the Humane Society grounds
Through membership involvement the primary objective of our program is to protect and care for homeless animals is to stand for the humane treatment of all animals throughout the island. Since its creation in 1957 this organization has made great strides and thrives off the volunteers that come to their grounds every day. Either through giving the new puppies a bath or feeding one of the cats available for adoption, it is certain that your time is an immeasurable asset to the care of the St. Thomas animal life.
The organization's four primary goals:
• Animal Care
• Animal Control
• Animal Cruelty Investigations
• Animal life Education
• Please be mindful of the clothing you wear today. We recommend you bring a change of clothes and/or bring a pair of old clothes with that you do not mind getting dirty.
• Bottled water and bathroom facilities are provided at the location.
• This trip requires a taxi ride from either pier location. Crown Bay is 4-5 miles and approximately $8 per person. Havensight is 2-3 miles and approximately $6 per person.
• If you have a group, please contact ShoreTrips for special transfer arrangements and rates.
ShoreTrips GIVE was developed to connect travelers with ongoing volunteer projects in the Caribbean. To accomplish this, ShoreTrips has partnered with Hope Floats, a non-profit foundation, which has agreed to organize these activities and to provide a meet and greet representative. The $61 fee to participate in a GIVE activity covers all administration costs as well as a small donation to the organization. Because of its off-shore location, the fee is not tax deductible.
• Physical Involvement Level: Moderate
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday