Shoretrips Give...Salvation Army Community DevelopmentExplore > Saint Lucia > Shoretrips Give...Salvation Army Community Development
Get involved in the St. Lucia community!
ShoreTrips has recently joined forces with Hope Floats, a non-profit, based in California, that, like us, has a number of volunteer-based activities already setup. ShoreTrips is privileged to be able to work with Hope Floats as we share a mutual love for the well-being of the islands. With the help of our travelers, we are certain we can make a lasting impression in the Caribbean.
Although some charities are often envisioned on an all encompassing scale, this volunteer opportunity provides you the chance to experience it at its ground level. This association is a firm believer that their extraordinary efforts are made possible by potential volunteers like you and are gracious of any contribution no matter the size or effort.
The St. Lucia chapter's vision believes the bonds of humanity and compassion unite people together allowing us to handle the day to day activities that challenge communities around the world. On this day of volunteering you will contribute to one of the organization's many services ranging from child care to environmental sustainability. No matter what task may be at hand, it is certain you will have an impact on the development of this Eastern Caribbean community.
- Please be mindful of the clothing you wear today. Shoulders must be covered and wear close-toed shoes.
- Bottled water and bathroom facilities are provided at the location.
- The taxi ride from the cruise ship pier to your meeting location will take approximately 7 minutes and costs about about $10 each way.
- If you are staying at a hotel in St. Lucia, your taxi cost and duration will vary based on where on the island you are staying.
ShoreTrips GIVE was developed to connect travelers with ongoing volunteer projects in the Caribbean. To accomplish this, ShoreTrips has partnered with Hope Floats, a non-profit foundation, which has agreed to organize these activities and to provide a meet and greet representative. The fee to participate in a GIVE activity covers all administration costs; the fee is not tax deductible.
- Physical involvement level: Easy
- If you have more than 6 people in your party, please call ShoreTrips for additional pricing.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- All volunteers must be over age 18.
- This facility is closed from December 22-January 2 for the holidays.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday