Interact with the gentle giants!
Only 10 minutes from downtown Cozumel at famous Chankanaab National Park, this is the perfect backdrop for your manatee experience. The park offers incredible snorkeling, diving, restaurants, and a beautiful beach.
Join us for the ultimate marine mammal experience as you embark on the only swim with manatees program in the Caribbean.
During this one-of-a-kind adventure, you'll meet and interact with these gentle giants, some weighing as much as 1,300 pounds.
Following a 15-minute briefing about manatees and an explanation of the activities you'll experience, you'll enter the water on a submerged platform from which you'll be able to share a kiss and a hug, and even participate in feeding two of these fascinating creatures.
Each session lasts for 30 minutes, with 15 minutes in the water. Group size is limited to 10 people to ensure that you have a very personal experience. A professional photographer will be on hand to capture the smile on your face!
Spend the rest of your day exploring Chankanaab National Park, a conservation area for flora and fauna that features a beautiful beach and opportunities for admiring tropical fish, colorful reefs, and underwater sculptures. You can also enjoy a fresh handmade tortilla or relax with a massage in front of the lagoon that gives the park its name. What a great way to spend a day!
- Please check in 30 minutes prior to activity time.
- The admission fee to Chankanaab Park is included in the price for manatee program participants.
- You may observe someone participating in a manatee program by paying the admission fee into the park. The cost is $21 for adults and $14 for children ages 3-11.
- Transfers are not included. The 10-15 minute taxi ride will cost approximately $10 each way per taxi for up to 4 people.
- There are lockers available for rent at the park (free for manatee participants).
- Please note that the Dolphin Swim facility does not accept US cash in their restaurants, boutiques and photo purchase stations. Please bring Pesos or a Credit/Debit card to make any payments.
VERY IMPORTANT: YOU MUST BRING YOUR SHORETRIPS PREPAID VOUCHER OR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROGRAM--NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Minimum age: 8 years old.
- For the safety and comfort of guests and the manatees, children with a height of 3'9" to 4'6" must be accompanied by one participating, paying adult per child.
- Children taller than 4'6" may participate on their own, but must have an adult present at the manatee facility.
- Do not wear sunblock while with the manatees, unless it is biodegradable.
- Non-swimmers are welcome, but must be comfortable in deep water. Each person is required to wear a life jacket.
- Jewelry, watches, rings, bracelets, or any object that might scratch the manatee are not allowed.
- Guests must follow the rules of the guides/instructors at all times.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday