Pompeii And The Amalfi Coast Experience... A Shoretrips Premium Shared Van TourExplore > Italy > Naples > Pompeii And The Amalfi Coast Experience... A Shoretrips Premium Shared Van Tour
Spend the day touring Pompeii, followed by the charming Amalfi Coast.
ShoreTrips' PREMIUM shared van tours are a perfect choice if you are looking for a deluxe tour that's economical but without the crowds of a big bus.
We will confirm your reservaton when we have at least 4 passengers booked. You will be notified about two weeks prior to the start of the cruise with options of more expensive private trips if we are not able to run the shared tour.
When you reach Pompeii, your private, local licensed guide will take you on a fascinating two-hour tour through this amazing place. Once a thriving empire, the city of Pompeii had about 20,000 inhabitants in 79 AD, when it was completely covered in 30 feet of volcanic ash by the deadly eruption of Mount Vesuvius. Listen to your guide as he tells you the history of the city as you take in the baths, villas, theaters, and wrestling grounds.
After Pompeii, descend the winding one-way road that leads to the heart of Positano, a pretty village of seaside villas, covered in orange blossom and roses. Explore the busy central Piazza dei Mulini, connected to a narrow downhill path and some occasional flights of steps that lead to the seafront. Follow the streets to the shops selling ceramics, lemons, shoes, and "Positano fashion" clothing, and don't miss the lovely Church of Sant Maria of the Assumption, with its characteristic majolica tiled dome and bell tower.
Next you will reach the town of Sorrento, where you will experience spectacular views of the entire bay of Naples and the Island of Capri as the Amalfi coast road emerges from over the mountain cliff. A short drive through the town before you arrive in the center - a major shopping mall for locals, as well as tourists.
This itinerary may be reversed due to traffic on the particular day you are in port.
- This tour is with a great, English-speaking driver. In Pompeii, you will be met by a private, local, licensed guide for a 2-hour tour.
- Lunch, gratuities, and entrance fees are not included in the price of this tour.
- Please keep in mind that this is a shared tour. It is not private. The tour operator must maintain his schedule for a fair and successful day for all.
- The 15€ per person entrance fee to Pompeii is not included in the price of this tour.
- Each van holds a maximum of 8 passengers.
- We will confirm your reservation when we have at least 4 passengers booked.
- You are purchasing a shared tour and you will be expected to maintain the pace of the group. If you use a walker, wheelchair or scooter or if you have mobility problems you will be refused service and not refunded. We suggest that you purchase a private tour for your best enjoyment.
- Pompeii is closed on January 1, May 1 and December 25.
Days offered: 7 days a week