Helicopter...Deluxe Waterfall Volcano SafariExplore > United States > Big Island of Hawaii > Helicopter...Deluxe Waterfall Volcano Safari
Escape the tour bus crowds. This is the best way to see the volcano.
Come fly with us in the newest A-STAR helicopter in the islands. For you, this means more leg room, extra large picture windows for unobstructed viewing, onboard 2-way communication system with noise canceling headsets, and a 4-camera video system to record your tour.
After a short drive to the airport, you'll take off on this spectacular, high-flying excursion. Experience the view from above in the comfort of a state-of-the-art helicopter as you fly over the Big Island.
From your seat in this 6-passenger aircraft, you'll witness the fury of Madame Pele and marvel at the Kilauea Volcanic System--the most active volcano on earth today.
See fire and destruction and the rebuilding of an island from the Puu'O'o Vent down the lava tubes to the ocean. Be awed by the glowing "skylights," lava lakes, cinder cones, and lava flows entering the ocean (when the lava is actively flowing).
Observe where some of the homes were destroyed by lava in the Royal Gardens and Kalapana Districts, and see spectacular waterfalls on the upper Wailuku River (weather permitting).
Recorded music and narration from your experienced pilot add to the stunning views.
- If you wish to purchase a video of your trip, you may do so after the flight.
- If you are staying at a hotel in the Kona area, you will need to drive to the meeting location, which is approximately 2-2.5 hours away.
- You will be required to furnish the height and weight of each passenger. Be prepared to weigh in for this tour. Those weighing more than 250 pounds or more (including clothing, footwear, and cameras, which may add an additional 10-15 pounds) will be reserved extra space on-board the helicopter and will be required to pay an additional amount as reflected in our pricing chart.
- 6 passengers maximum per flight.
- This tour does not operate on Christmas Day or Easter Sunday. Only the a.m. times are available on Thanksgiving Day.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday