This begins at your Tokyo hotel, tour by public transport, transfer to pier by private vehicle.
What better way to get acclimated with a city than going directly to its heart the moment you arrive? Forget the formalities. Put away your cold feet. Dive into Tokyo head first! Your experienced guide will get you quickly acclimated as you venture into Tokyo's famous Shinjuku district. With the busiest train station in the world and Tokyo's government hub, you will get a taste of life in Japan's city that never sleeps.
Your options of sites to see in Shinjuku are endless. Tokyo's Metropolitan Government Building is at the center of a forest of sky scrapers and provides the best views of the city from the easily accessed observation rooms. Continue through the city life and make your way to the Kabuki-cho, a center for luxury and gratification. This incredible labyrinth of clubs, bars, cabarets and ethnic restaurants will have your eyes darting in every direction. If you need a break from the neon lights and city streets the Shinjuku Gyoen isn't too far away. This large garden-park offers horticulture from Japan, France and England with an opportunity to relax at a traditional teahouse. Tokyo's mini-Manhattan will capture all of your senses!
A stop at the Meiji shrine provides the perfect opportunity to explore the many cultural traditions of Tokyo. Much more than just a shrine, the grounds and courtyards throughout this area play host to events ranging from musical performances to traditional but visually stunning weddings. Keep your eye out for the Second Torii gate and head towards the Inner Garden. Taking up 83,000 square meters and full of purple, pink and white Irises you can't help but feel a sense of ease come over your body. Before your time at the shrine is done make sure to make a wish on a Ema or Votive Tablet for the ever present spirits to review.
Visiting Harajuku will then take you to the world famous modern fashion district of Japan. Accessed by crossing the Jingu Bridge that connects Harajuku with the Meiji shrine this hotbed for fashion forward thinking will have you rethinking your wardrobe for better or worse. You won't want to miss the "Spiral" building which many consider a masterpiece by architect Fumihiko Marki. Combining visual arts, theater, restaurants, art and fashion the curving ramp throughout the structure sets the perfect ambience. A day in Tokyo's west side well spent!
- Contact ShoreTrips if you are interested in combining aspects of the East side tour.
- Price of lunch is included.
- Please note, that we have limited English speaking guides and this tour must be booked well in advance.
- Most entrance fees vary dependent on the exhibitions. Your guide on the day of the tour will go over the options as well as the costs involved.
- The operator of this tour suggests that each participant purchases a travel insurance policy that will cover them for injuries and illnesses while in Japan due to the extreme costs of hospitalization and medical services.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- IMPORTANT. This tour has a cancellation/refund policy that is non-conforming with ShoreTrips standard policy. Full refunds will be made for cancellations due to your ship not making its scheduled port stop if you have notified the vendor or ShoreTrips of this situation at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled stop. 50% refunds will be made cancellations due to your ship not making its scheduled port stop if you have notified the vendor or ShoreTrips of this situation at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled stop. No refunds will be made for cancellations made in the last 48 hours prior to the scheduled stop. Excursion Protection insurance is available and highly recommended and will be offered to you during the checkout procedure.
Days offered: 7 days a week