Pre-Cruise London Highlights W/ Pick Up At Hotel And Drop At Southampton Pier
Choose among London's highlights for a custom designed tour! Pick up at London Hotel.
You will be picked up at your London hotel, taken on your tour with your luggage, and then dropped off at Southampton Pier afterward.
More about the sites you might visit:
Famous as the resting place of Britain's monarchs and cultural icons and as the site of its royal coronations and weddings, this elegant medieval church is one of London's most important and beloved buildings. (Allow 1 hour)
Admission: Adults €20.00; Children (11-16) €9 Open for worship only, no tourist visits, on Sundays.
The Tower of London
Officially named Her Majesty's Royal Palace and Fortress, The Tower of London was initially built by William the Conqueror in the 11th century. The complex is the repository of the Crown Jewels and the historical site of the demise of many opponents of former English kings, among other things. (Allow 120 minutes)
Admission: Adults €28.00; Children (5-16) €13.00
Buckingham Palace has been the royal London residence and offices of the monarch since the time of Queen Victoria. It is also used for state occasions such as banquets for visiting foreign heads of state. The State Rooms are open to the public in the summer months. (Allow 120 minutes)
Admission to the State Rooms: Adults €23.00; Children (under 17) €13.00
Churchill War Rooms
This is the secret underground headquarters that served as the nerve center of Britain's World War II effort. Shortly after becoming Prime Minister in May 1940, Winston Churchill visited the 'Cabinet War Rooms' to see for himself what preparations had been made to allow him and his War Cabinet to continue working throughout the expected air raids on London. It was there, in the underground Cabinet Room, he announced, "This is the room from which I will direct the war."
Also within the Churchill War Rooms, is the interactive Churchill Museum, dedicated to the life and achievements of Sir Winston Churchill. (Allow 90 minutes)
Admission: Adults €17.25; Children (under 16) €8.60
The British Museum
This rich collection of 7 million objects includes some of the most celebrated artifacts of ancient Asia, Egypt, Greece, and Rome, housed in the world's oldest public museum. The museum's holdings span two million years of history and culture. (Allow 90 minutes)
Admission is free to all visitors.
The Tate Modern
This is Britain's national gallery of international modern art, dating from 1900 until today. The most-visited modern art gallery in the world, it is host to some 4.7 million visitors per year. (Allow 1 hour)
Admission is free, except for special exhibitions.
The London Eye
The London Eye is a giant 135-metre (443-foot) tall Ferris wheel situated on the south bank of London's River Thames. It is the tallest observation wheel in Europe and the most popular paid tourist attraction in the United Kingdom, visited by over 3.5 million people annually. On a clear day, it is possible to see as far as Windsor Castle! (Allow 1 hour)
Ticket prices: Adults 28.45 & children 4 & up €23.95
The Globe Theater
A modern reconstruction of the original theater most closely associated with William Shakespeare, "Shakespeare's Globe" was opened in 1997, approximately 750 feet from the site of the original. (Allow 1 hour)
Admission: Adults €12.50; Children (5-15) €8.00
Closed December 24 & 25
- This tour is conducted by an English-speaking driver. He or she will drop you off at each site and narrate in-between. Please note: the driver is not able to enter the sites with you.
- Entrance fees are not included. Approximate fees are listed under the description of each site.
- Bring cash for sourvenirs, entrance fees, and any food/beverage you may wish to purchase.
- During check-out, we'll ask you which sites you'd like to visit.
- Some of this tour is best done on foot, so please dress comfortably and for the weather.
- At this time, we have a vehicle that can handle up to 3 people with luggage. If you have more than 3 people in your party, please contact ShoreTrips and we may be able to get a quote of service for a larger vehicle.
- There is surcharge pricing for holiday bookings, including December 25th and 26th and January 1st.
- Admission rates mentioned are approximate and subject to change without notice. Please check entrance fees on each attraction's website before your trip .
- We are usually able to visit up to 2 sites in the allotted tour duration, however, the number of sites you see will depend on traffic, crowds, and the pace you set. It is possible that you will see more than 2 sites or less than 2 sites.
Days offered: 7 days a week