Chacchoben Ruins Plus Seven Colors LagoonExplore > Mexico > Costa Maya > Chacchoben Ruins Plus Seven Colors Lagoon
This is the perfect tour for those who love the combination of culture and fun!
Culture and Fun! That's what going on vacation is all about.... the perfect blend of learning and good times!
Come with us on an awesome exploration of Chacchoben Ruins, followed by a visit to the Seven Colors Lagoon!
It is believed that this city originated between 500-700 C.E. The ceremonial center of the ruins will bring you to the heart of the Mayan culture. The ruins themselves are situated amidst a mix of jungle, allowing you to see the indigenous plants and wildlife.
Learn about different medicinal plants and how they are used. The setting is too perfect for words, as you imagine the interaction of the peoples of the past in days of business and pleasure.
Next, it's time to cool off! We'll take you from the green of the jungle to the refreshing waters of the Seven Color Lagoon. This place is yet another treasure in Costa Maya! You'll definitely want your camera handy at all times as there's a good chance you'll see some wildlife!
Also at the lagoon, enjoy a Mexican lunch (usually chicken fajitas) and a couple margaritas. Take in the beauty of the lagoon by paddling out in one of our kayaks or even take a dip! There are also shaded areas if you'd like to escape from the warm sun.
- The tour time will be determined at time of confirmation, which will be one hour after your ship arrives to port.
- This tour is best appreciated by children ages 4 and older.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes, and bring a bottle of water, insect repellent, and sunscreen. We also recommend wearing or bringing a swimsuit and towel if you'd like to swim in the lagoon.
- The lagoon is gorgeous, and a little rocky. If you'd like to explore, please wear appropriate shoes.
- You will need a permit to use a video camera at the ruins. The permit costs $3 and is purchased at the ruins. Tripods are not allowed.
- This tour is not suitable for clients in wheelchairs or those with limited mobility.
- You should be in relatively good physical shape to take this tour.
- Sorry, this tour is NOT available on Thanksgiving (United States).
Days offered: 7 days a week