Combo Tour...Whale Watching And Mendenhall GlacierExplore > United States > Juneau > Combo Tour...Whale Watching And Mendenhall Glacier
The best way to see two of the most popular attractions in Juneau!
It is often difficult to make a decision on how you will spend your day in Juneau. This trip combines two attractions into one: a visit to the renowned Mendenhall Glacier and its most popular "residents."
Your adventure begins with a short drive through downtown Juneau all the way to Auke Bay where you will have the opportunity to see humpback and orca whales, Dall's porpoises, stellar sea lions, harbor seals, bald eagles, and more.
Once you board the boat, relax and let your experienced captain lead the way to whales and other wildlife. Since your guides visit the waters daily, they are quite knowledgeable about the social circles of whales and where they congregate. You will learn about life in Alaska, as well as the habits of these mammals.
Next, we're off to Mendenhall Glacier, which attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors each year! Enjoy overlook point (take plenty of pictures!) and time at the Visitor's Center.
This energizing day will bring you up-close-and-personal with nature.
- Binoculars are provided on the boat for your viewing pleasure.
- An Alaskan snack of freshly-baked bagel with local salmon spread is included in the price of the tour. We are not able to accommodate any allergies or dietary restrictions. If you wish, you may bring your own snack.
- Due to the nature of this trip, we cannot make wildlife guarantees, although we're fairly certain you will get your fill! Peak viewing is June-August.
- All passengers must be able to get on and off the bus and to navigate the steep incline between the bus and boat.
- The boat ride can be bumpy. Guests with neck, back or hip problems should not participate.
- When purchasing, please enter the number of children under age 2 who will be on the trip.
- If you are traveling on the NCL Bliss please note that you must disembark the ship immediately to make the tour on time. The walk to the meeting point is approximately 20 minutes.
Days offered: 7 days a week